No Woosh!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: No Woosh!!!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Ya, why would you intall a turbo with out any fuel mods? That's just basic stuff. "no woosh" is not your problem. You are lucky you haven't made much boost. Are you the same guy who welded new fins on his turbo?
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Fins on a turbo What's that ?? Yeah as you can tell I'm kinda new to this turbo thing. and mazda. And i have another question Everyone I've talked to says i have a B6DE but on the TB and the DIS it says B6BF I though the B6BF where only in the U.K. ? I'll go out and buy the PCV today. Is this why my exshast smokes and smells like oil ???
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Also should i have the MAF before the BOV or should i put the BOV first and the MAF after ?? I'm sorry if i'm bugging you guy's with all these questions.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

spidy53red wrote:Fins on a turbo What's that ?? Yeah as you can tell I'm kinda new to this turbo thing. and mazda. And i have another question Everyone I've talked to says i have a B6DE but on the TB and the DIS it says B6BF I though the B6BF where only in the U.K. ? I'll go out and buy the PCV today. Is this why my exshast smokes and smells like oil ???
Your exhaust smokes probably due to bad valve seals, bad turbo seals, bad rings from overboosting without properly hooking up your wastegate...etc..If I were you I would park this car until you get the correct fuel components on the car. Did you bump the timing or change your plugs when you put the turbo on?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

yeah my friend tryed to retard my timing but i don't know if he knew what he was doing and i put the NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

spidy53red wrote:yeah my friend tryed to retard my timing but i don't know if he knew what he was doing and i put the NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs.
Are they the same heat range as the one you took out? You need to be a step colder for a turbo car. Im guessing your engine will last another 100 miles before it goes boom.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

cjthor wrote:
spidy53red wrote:yeah my friend tryed to retard my timing but i don't know if he knew what he was doing and i put the NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs.
Are they the same heat range as the one you took out? You need to be a step colder for a turbo car. Im guessing your engine will last another 100 miles before it goes boom.
So what are the best plugs to put in ??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

just go with a step colder from stock. NGK V power are fine.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Do you have the following?
1. some type of fuel controller?
2. different injectors?
3. wideband gauge?
4. egt gauge?
5. boost gauge?
If you say no to 1 and/or 2 I would not drive the car until you did....especially if you are going over 2-3 pounds of boost.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

I have a Boost gage and a A/F gage. My chick is out right now getting the FPR. And tomorrow I'm getting the O/P gage, injectors and fuel pump. It's cool to use the injectors from a 1.8 right a the fuel pump from an RX7 ?? I'm tapped out on cash at the moment so I'm gonna go to pick-a-part where i know there are raced out cars and go hunting. But if i need to look out for certain cars for parts let me know. And what type of management system should i go with.
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Oh and what is a EGT gage ??
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

spidy53red wrote:Oh and what is a EGT gage ??
Exhaust gas temp, aka pyrometer.

Oh, and don't forget to look for a new b6, just incase you pushed this one a little too far.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

You need some type of fuel controller whether it be a basic rising rate regulator or a piggyback unit suck as S-AFC, E-Manage, some type of ignition control to retard timing under boost and bigger injectors. You should also be running 1 or 2 heat range cooler plugs, I am running the NGK V BKR7s for instance at around 12psi on the B6 DOHC engine.

You really need to do more research before just slapping on a turbo kit on a car else you are asking for trouble but thankfully a lot of the guys on here are smart and can help you out.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Ok i'll get the NGK-v, as far as a fuel pump what Walbro Fuel Pump do i get. I see them for the 626, 323, 929, Miata, Millenia, MX6, Protege, and the RX-7. And what mazda do i get the Injectors off of ??
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

spidy53red wrote:Ok i'll get the NGK-v, as far as a fuel pump what Walbro Fuel Pump do i get. I see them for the 626, 323, 929, Miata, Millenia, MX6, Protege, and the RX-7. And what mazda do i get the Injectors off of ??
And i also found out that the oil is coming from the valve cover spout and being sucked right into the intake. how do i stop that ??

Return to “Forced Induction”