k8 disty

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cando123

k8 disty

Post by cando123 »

Anyone know the disty part number for the k8? I here the ford probe has either the dame or a very simulair one for alot cheaper.
MgXs3

Re: k8 disty

Post by MgXs3 »

Sorry i dont know the part number but i do know they are pretty much the same and will work, same with a v6 mx6 disty.
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Make sure you order one for the same year as your mx-3. IIRC pre 95 mx-3's v6's have all the same dinistys. In 95 The pinout on the 3 pin harness for the coil + - and Tach singal where diffrent. I dont know about 96 + .
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I went to get a cap and my local parts store showed the same p/n for all years of mx-3, mx-6 and probe gt. Soem caps are different from year to year and car to car, so keep that in mind. An entire Dizzy might be compatable, but the parts from one may not work with the parts of another.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”