Miata with a V8

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
bubsy83

Miata with a V8

Post by bubsy83 »

I am not sure this has been posted here yet, but I thought it was kind of neat.I am getting tired of the muscle heads mocking me in my MX-3 when I own a GM Muscle car as well and since I have dropped a brand new 350 crate in my Monte I thought about putting my old 305 in my MX-3 for kicks and do something similar...I realize it'll be a lot of work and there's a really good chance it probably won't fit/work, but thought it was a neat idea to try it...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nath ... 155967.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Re: Miata with a V8

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Yeah they are called Monster Miata's a company in Cali used to produce them in the early 90's their logo's used to look like godzilla.

Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There's a 5.0L Miata around the Kitchener area.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

^^^^
Yes there is one in my area...Its pretty nice as well. Just something I would not do to a car that handles so great.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i remember i think it was 2 years ago at MOM there was a miata with the 5 liter in it that was prolly the one that mike was just saying about but it was one of those things that were always like an urban legend like people always talked about it but never ever saw it done but omg is it sex in real life with the huge 5.0 poppin out but its prolly a waste because it would be so sloppy thats basically the same as the videos on youtube of Fiero with the Northstar (Cadillac) engines in it I couldnt imagine that being able to really get anywhere
Always under construction
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

actually all that power to weight would be nice....it would be flying. Of course I would definitely redo the chassis as stock one would not be imaginable to have with that kind of power.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I've seen this one a few times, it'll haul... GA Plates FTW
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

havoc13 wrote:i remember i think it was 2 years ago at MOM there was a miata with the 5 liter in it that was prolly the one that mike was just saying about but it was one of those things that were always like an urban legend like people always talked about it but never ever saw it done but omg is it sex in real life with the huge 5.0 poppin out but its prolly a waste because it would be so sloppy thats basically the same as the videos on youtube of Fiero with the Northstar (Cadillac) engines in it I couldnt imagine that being able to really get anywhere
Northstars in Fieros is nothing. That swap has been done so many times now you could swear they came from the factory with them. If you wanna see a crazy swap. How about a Northstar in a MKII Golf
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Those Northstar V8's are JUNK , they have headgasket problems every other week, my buddy who works at a dealer says the shop stays open because they replace so many heads on those .
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”