pressure regulator

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

pressure regulator

Post by maryus »

hi i just wonder how much pressure you guys have in the fuel system .

In mine when i unplugged the fuel pump, after that i put the key in start position.. but the engine was only cranking like a poor guy ... after 1 sec that poor crank started to sound like a regular dead crank.... so ... it means my pressure went out right away right ?

So i was thinking maybe if i change the pressure regulator , will change this issue ? thx
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
OldMan

Re: pressure regulator

Post by OldMan »

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your post, but it sounds by your description like you have a weak or dying battery. If your battery is weak you will not have enough power to run your fuel pump.

OldMan
maryus

Post by maryus »

:) sorry .. well could be anything.. I was saying that was cranking like no gas was there .. and i was thinking about the gas in the lines, that was consumed very fast..

- in the manual says : start the engine and let it shutdown or smthing like that ... well mine did not even start .. Where is the gas from the lines ?

and once the pump was disconnected before i crank , i dont see why the pump got power from the battery ;) .. so my opinion: the battery was free of charge for the fuel pump.

Thank you.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I may be misunderstanding as well, but I'll take a stab.

Had you had the car running within a short time of trying this? If the car had sat for awhile then the condition you are describing is understandable. I believe there is a check valve in the sending unit that maintains pressure in the fuel supply line. The theory is that if this valve is in place, there will always be innitial pressure, so you don't have to crank so long while the fuel pump primes the system. With our aging cars, this check vavle tends to get wea, therefore there is little or no innitial pressure in the line, and thus attempting to depressurize the fuel supply line by disconnecting the fuel pump becomes less effective.
Cody
maryus

Post by maryus »

it's true .. those cars are becoming grandparents :) ..thus i like my nanny
----------------------------------------------------------------------

you guys are funny :) , well sorry that i did not make myself understood, here's another info >

this happened just before i changed my fuel filter a month ago/ the car was daily driven. so ... its old thats all :) , time for a KL-ZE

thx for your time guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”