I got my projectors in.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
se7en

I got my projectors in.

Post by se7en »

Okay, here is a quick pick of my projectors(civic 2002) installed.

I bought them from steve-O(sk8erdude802)

They work great, and they only took a couple hours to install :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
X3RCKT

Re: I got my projectors in.

Post by X3RCKT »

Are these OEM or Ebays? I thought about getting a set but everytime I find OEMs on Ebay there is only one and I procrastinate being able to find the other side. :mrgreen:

And not sure how good the quality is of the Ebay knock off brand. Friend of mine got a knock off set of projectors for his Prelude and the bulb melted the housing, not sure if it was him using an incorrect bulb or the housing being garbage.

Looks great tho 7.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm not sure what you are talking about with OEM. AFAIK honda never produced OEM projectors :roll:

I had civic projectors (regular generic aftermarket) and they worked fine for me for years... if the bulb melts the housing it was probalby the wrong bulb or something went haywire with the electronics (too much voltage or something) :shrug:
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Mooneggs wrote:I'm not sure what you are talking about with OEM. AFAIK honda never produced OEM projectors :roll:
Ahh. Sorry not an expert in $h!tvics. :roll:

After the reply I went and looked for some factory replacements and found what they looked like stock, a crystal headlight with the same shape. I never knew that so thank you for educating. I had thought it was like a J-spec projector for them or something.
Last edited by X3RCKT on March 21st, 2008, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

if you want to do this project just compare prices on ebay... I got mine for like $130 shipped years ago... just FYI there are 2 different types in black and chrome... the ones se7en did and the ones I had in my fast car are examples of the 2 different black types.
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Mooneggs wrote:if you want to do this project just compare prices on ebay... just FYI there are 2 different types in black and chrome...
Does price reflect quality at all or are they all cookie cuttered by the same place in China? I usually check feedback to be cautious of those with negative but that isnt always an indicator either. I have looked at a few and dont actually see Manufacturer names. IS there a brand to look for and those to avoid?

Sorry for all the questions, I just dont see throwing away ANY amount of money on a POS part that I will regret buying in 6 months.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

as far as I know (somebody correct me) they are cookie cutter! just look for a reputable seller - seems like you know what to look for anyways...

just go to ebay and search "01-03 civic projector", sort to lowest first and go from there! you will see 2 chrome types, one with 2 halo rings, and another with 1 halo ring, same thing for the black ones...

keep an eye out for ones with the clear reflector vs amber (if you care about that)

I think black looks better for the main housing IMO.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Dude that looks GREAT! Im glad they could goto a good home!

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
JET30X

Post by JET30X »

they look awesome well done :wink:
se7en

Post by se7en »

Thanks guys, I really like em. they accent the front pretty well..
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

they look great man, how much fabricating and cutting of your hood did it take?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
se7en

Post by se7en »

Only two little cuts to the underside of the hood. kinda like notches. That's all I had to do to the hood, but I hade to do a fair bit of modding to the rad support to get it all to fit.

My Feedback
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah nice job se7en! got any night pic's up yet??? I debated about doing this mod a couple years ago. I'm still on the fence about it. I would like to see it in person.
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

so, anybody know which projectors are the easiest to install, the headlights like this one,or the projectors with just the three lights inside. i believe there also civics. (evil yetties) version.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
se7en

Post by se7en »

I think that they are all the same.

My Feedback

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”