MX-3 vs MX-6

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
macnwigs

MX-3 vs MX-6

Post by macnwigs »

Hey,<P>I have a buddy who keeps crapping on my car (not literally)...He has a MX-6 and says the MX-3 is just a hacked up version of his. Does anyone else come across these ignorant MX-6 er's?
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: MX-3 vs MX-6

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

nah, but i always joke about them trying to make a mx6, and the machines broke halfway down the length of the car. so they just decided to slap a hatch on there. :D
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

Well, the design for the MX-3 came a few years before the MX-6. The design team started on the MX-3 in '87 and had the design together by '89/'90.<BR>The Ford guys got together with the Mazda team for the Probe in '91 and borrowed a bunch of ideas from the MX-3.<BR>The MX-6 grew out of the Probe chassis.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

um... it was a joke....i don't care how the dates apply to the joke....just having some fun...
02 Protege DX Retired
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -=deathtrap-mx3=-:<BR><STRONG>um... it was a joke....i don't care how the dates apply to the joke....just having some fun...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He was just giving some background...<P>I didn't know the MX-6 came from the Probe. I thought it was the other way around. Cool history lesson. :D
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

sorry, my mistake. i thought he was trying to show me up or something.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
02 Protege DX Retired
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

I am actually in the process of fabricating all the required parts needed for the mod's i will be doing to my MX-3. I want to remove the hatch, and in its place install a "trunk lid" so to speak and a flat back glass window. Yet at the same time keeping the origional side panels where they meet the hatch, only thing I am affraid of is that it may end up looking like one of those Honda Civic delSols sewing machines. Anybody have any sugesstions?
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
Esper

Post by Esper »

if you do that, YOU WILL HAVE A DEL SOL. not in performance, but certainly in looks. please don't. :(
Dude.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Esper:<BR><STRONG>if you do that, YOU WILL HAVE A DEL SOL. not in performance, but certainly in looks. please don't. :(</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>del Sol's are sexy as hell.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

no.. no they arent... <BR>Del Sol's are Honda's version of a freekin pop can with an engine.. its SO ugly..<P>besides, MX-3's are uniqe enuf, we all get looks driving down the street... why change something that already works?
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Mx-3's are girls cars. I rather drive a pop can than a girls car. :D
wantamx3

Post by wantamx3 »

Talk about girly things....you said it....Rockford Fosgate subs!!!<BR>Get something with some power!!!<P>P.S. I think Mx-3's are tight!!!
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG>Mx-3's are girls cars. I rather drive a pop can than a girls car. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>THATS TRUE BUT ONLY IF U WERE GAY!! I WOULDNT MIND RIDING WITH GERLS IN A MX3 THEN 2 ROLL WIT ALL DICKS IN A DEL SOL BUT I GUESS IT AINT UR PARENTS FAULT NOW IS IT? SO WHAT IM SAYIN IS THIS GUY AINT PLAYING IN THE SAME GAME AS MOST OF THESE GUYS IN HERE HAHA NOW U CAN f--- OFF
KiSs My a$s......yEa

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”