My axle is stuck

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
The General

My axle is stuck

Post by The General »

Ok so we got my old stuff out, we ended up cutting my drivers axle because it would not come out, no matter what we did, the passengers was no problem. We have tried using liquid wrench, and slamming it with a sludge hammer, but no matter what we do it wont come off the hub. Any suggestions?
se7en

Re: My axle is stuck

Post by se7en »

Well you could try taking it to a machine shop. (the whole hub assembly)

We often get people with hubs that can't get their axles out....rust, etc

shouldn't cost too much either.($25) at the most.

cheers

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
The General

Post by The General »

how do you get the steering part of the hub, we got the nut off but we dont know what to do from
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

The General wrote:how do you get the steering part of the hub, we got the nut off but we dont know what to do from
I know this isnt the right way to do it but.... Take a jack of some sorta (your car's jack should work fine, or the shop jack) and take and jack up the bottom of that stud (Tie-Rod) thats sticking out and then take a dead blow hammer and whale on the arm of the hub.

And about the CV Joint thats is stuck on your hub, take and try a sledge hammer haha.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.

Return to “Transmissions”