SHE STARTS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

SHE STARTS

Post by hgallegos915 »

BWAHA yess my car starts again, this time i used the k8 ecu and vaf.. not sure if its going to affect anything since im using fmu an afpr to tune the millenia inc..

I had a hell of a time with a bad master cyl.

Anywho.. does anyone know if using the k8 var and ecu will affect anything? I was alreayd running way to ricj with probinator ecu and kl02 vaf.. I havent ran my car much.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tehbrookzorz

Re: SHE STARTS

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I thought you were on Megasquirt, Hector. Are you not?
Cody
se7en

Post by se7en »

he isn't yet.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

it'll just run rich, a lot of guys use k8ecu and vafs on klzes they run, but just a little rich
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Its tuddering, i dunno why. Ill check the timing and i guess maybe its just cold.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

I used my K8 ECU, VAF, IM and TB on my KL swap, and it ran fine.

I have talked to a few guys that have done a 2.5 ZE swap, 2 guys with Probes and 3 guys with MX3s. The Probe guys told me their stock ECU would not work right, they were using the ZE IM and TB, the flip side, the MX3 guys were using stock ECU with Stock IM and TB and ran fine, since they had to go curve necked till they got a Millenia IM. So is the real issue the IM/TB or the ECU? Or maybe its the year of the ECU for the Probe guys since there are a few different ones and I know all 3 MX3 guys I talked to have 1992 model MX3s same as me. Do MX3s have different ECU models in different years? Maybe a 92 ECU has a different effect when running a ZE?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”