The El Camino Is Back!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
shameem
Supporting Member

The El Camino Is Back!

Post by shameem »

2010 Pontiac G8 Sport Truck: The El Camino Is Back!
http://jalopnik.com/366699/2010-pontiac ... no-is-back" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

inferno94

Re: The El Camino Is Back!

Post by inferno94 »

Ford Australia has something similar

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentS ... &c=DFYPage
infiniGTR

Post by infiniGTR »

Fugly...
2003 Subaru WRX
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

ewww take it away take it away, MY EYES OMFG MY EYES THEY BLEED!!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's like a 2 seater Monte Carlo that they made into a truck.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Eh.....I'll keep my 68... :shrug:
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

sorry but pontiac FTL
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

haha i like it, looks like a haxxord GTP. I like how the pics are all proffesional but the interior and engine bay are dirty!
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Funny stuff. its going to be just like the el camino....either you love it or you hate it.

Steve-O

Cant resist...buisness in the front...party in the back! works for an el camino or a mullet.
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Its not bad. It good that they are bringing Icons back. But the interior looks way to much like it was designed by Saturn
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I think it's stupid, they just bring back old icons as a marketing ploy and take advantage of their image to make sales. Sure, there's really nothing on the road that's offers the function of a car/truck hybrid, and the fact that they dont have any sport trucks since they've kiled the S-10 line, but it wouldn't be a bad idea if they have something in the lineup that's fuel efficient (apparently GM's inline-5 offers good economy and power) for function and not just a gas suzzling v8. I'm sure there are people that would like the added function of a truck with the fuel economy of a car. Of course your not going to get superb gas milleage, you'll want a motor with some power to move the vehicle with a fair amount of weight in the back. But a 6L V8 that requires premium fuel, not cheap to run. They need to look at it like Dodge did with the Magnum, brining back the old station wagon, but they have the options of a two V6's, 2 V8 Hemi to tailor to everyone's needs. Even most manufactures have many different packages for their trucks, ranging from basic regular cab V6's to fully loaded quad-cab off roaders on the same platforms. All is is going to do is waste money, retooling and manufacturing for a vehicle for a small portion of the market. Gm's not doing that well, they need to work on being more efficient, which is not about having many specific market vehicles, and on the flip side, having MANY varients in which they compete with themselves. Look at Toyota, sure, they dont really have any cars sports cars like they used to, people want a Supra back, but Toyota is concentrating on making cars that most people want with options and features that make them happy, that's why they doing very well, cause they're not wasting money on a low volume, expensive, sell-at-a-loss flagship car.

I should not leave Mazda out of this, they don't quite have that mentality. They make cars that aren't for everyone, but for certain types of people, all pretty much sport inspired vehicles that are fun to drive. It's not about the features, the toys or the milleage, but about the driving experience. No other manufacturer really concentrates on the pleasure of driving itself. Sure, it's not for everyone, but it's a large enough market that they can survive and do well in, which is why there are loyal Mazda owners, cause they found what they want in a manufacturer that give them what they enjoy.

Wow that's an rambling post if i haven't seen one, lol
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The images of the new "old" cars are s**t..................you can never replace the good old 60s and 70s camaros, cudas, novas, chevelles....etc.

DEB

New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”