Need help quick klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
teribble

Need help quick klze

Post by teribble »

I just did my ze swap for the 5 time. I started it up and it ran fine just have a few ehaust leaks. I then went and got gas and got on it coming up. I did a complet valve train swap (intake spring, retainers, and all the valve seal) As i almost get home i can tell it not running right loss of power and i then push the clutch in and it dies. So i restart is and i ideas really rough. don't really want to stay running. Any ideas? I check all the wireing and it all looks good.
solo_ryder

Re: Need help quick klze

Post by solo_ryder »

Vacuum leak? That would be the first pace to check, check your VAF as well
teribble

Post by teribble »

No i checked everthing. what happened is i dropped an intake valve. I guess when i changed the seals, retainers and springs. I didn't seat the keepers good enough. Do anyone know if the us kl intake valves are the same size as the ZE's?
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

teribble wrote:No i checked everything. what happened is i dropped an intake valve. I guess when i changed the seals, retainers and springs. I didn't seat the keepers good enough. Do anyone know if the us kl intake valves are the same size as the ZE's?
I don't know what this could do but why didn't you search before you did this valve job?, ZE heads have a bigger intake valves then the DE's, but the exhaust side is all the same on both engines. You will have to rip it all apart again and install some intake valves from a Mazda Millenia 2.5L.

You probably have like no compression at all haha dam.. wish you would of searched before hand.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
teribble

Post by teribble »

Smith18 wrote:
teribble wrote:No i checked everything. what happened is i dropped an intake valve. I guess when i changed the seals, retainers and springs. I didn't seat the keepers good enough. Do anyone know if the us kl intake valves are the same size as the ZE's?
I don't know what this could do but why didn't you search before you did this valve job?, ZE heads have a bigger intake valves then the DE's, but the exhaust side is all the same on both engines. You will have to rip it all apart again and install some intake valves from a Mazda Millenia 2.5L.

You probably have like no compression at all haha dam.. wish you would of searched before hand.
The intake valve's are the same for the kl03 US 2.5L. The only thing that is different is the HLA's they are 33mm and the US 2.5L kl03 are 30mm. The problem was the valve its self broke about 1/2inch below the retainer. I don't know why but it just broke. The retainer and keepers were fine. Also when i first did the swap i didn't change and valve's i just did the retainers and springs on the intake side and all the valve seals.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”