nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS ***LONG MAY YOU RUN***

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved as requsted
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ok so you tell me that you can't really afford cams, but you go buy a chipped ecu, headers and an exaust. You do know that you can pick up a set of kl31 cams for like $100. there just stock cams man, there not crazy priced. Honestly man. the cams with a good intake and exahust will make a HUGE difference. i guarantee it.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:ok so you tell me that you can't really afford cams, but you go buy a chipped ecu, headers and an exaust. You do know that you can pick up a set of kl31 cams for like $100. there just stock cams man, there not crazy priced. Honestly man. the cams with a good intake and exahust will make a HUGE difference. i guarantee it.
I'm not sayin its a bad idea, and youre 100% right it would be sweet. Man I'd love to have cams right away but its just too much for me right now.

The flex pipe on my 1.8 was bad and a new one was over 200....the headers and downpipe was 135 shipping in.
The ECU I have to have... unless I don't mind leaving a black cloud between service stations.
The exhaust hasn't been bought yet.

I expect this thing will come out next winter for a total rebuild with mods anyway. I will do cams then :)
I also have a trailer to modify and a boat to work up and launch.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

If you dont mind me asking where did you get those headers?
could you pm me? thanks so much...
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
se7en

Post by se7en »

off of ebay man. they are a sweet deal. I have them also.(turbo ones, but from the same company)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Just picked up a Fidanza flywheel from Gripforce Clutches for $289 + $20 shipping to Canada :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... =p3907.m29
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Man its going to be fun when you get that thing together. I just had my car out for its first *real* drive yesterday. all I could do was :lol: :driver: :lol:
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Ok I have a few minor things left to do.
Alternator and ps pump. oil filter/cooler bracket. new wires and plugs. etc....leftovers.
still waiting for the good ol' usps to come thru with wires, clutch line, flywheel and ecu.
By next weekend I'll have the k08 out of the car and start cleaning the hole up a bit before the install the following weekend.
Only one snag so far....the down-pipe/flex trombone hits the oil pan lightly. I can either check for clearance inside and pop the oil pan slightly, or probably pull it down 1/4" at the loop. Oh one other....the gasket set I ordered was supposed to fit KLZE, but it had DE intake gaskets -which are oval and cut off the corners completely. Bummer. Used the originals with black max both sides. Should be fine.
Last note. If you live in Canada and shop stateside, whenever possible, STAY AWAY FROM USPS! what takes a couple days ups....takes 6-8 weeks with the good ol' pony express. no wonder postal workers snap....they work for a crap outfit!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

That thing is look'n Gerrrrrate! can't wait to see it in person!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

That engine looks really nice. I hope it treats you just as good as it looks. Get us some pictures of it in the car once you get that in.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

flywheel came today so it'll go on this weekend after a preheat in the oven. way behind schedule waiting for parts.

'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice. I'd like to see the strut bars, too. I'm going to make some for ultimate stiffness.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

really likieng the build. Nice work.
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Ok! Finally started pulling the k08 from the car. So far so good. No badly rusted bolts or broken plugs. I did run into a couple last minute obstacles on the new motor that I had to address before I went any further.

1. The headers drop immediately down from the heads (unlike the stock manifolds which pretty much run horizontal to the collector) and came uncomfortably close to the oil cooler coolant lines (1/2"). The stock nose nipples had to be bent to reroute the hoses.

I didnt get any pics before I bent them, but the one off the filter went straight up towards the header so it was bent to the left:
And even with the hoses rerouted, I still didn't like the idea of the increased heat in that area, including the alt. So I fab'd up an aluminum heat shield to guard the hoses and the alternator:

2. The harness cradle that runs across the forward edge of the front VC was rotted out. So was the spare on the other motor. So one was made from aluminum:

After messin with odds and ends for a few hours I started hauling the k08. Rad, battery box,air box and snorkel, alternator, etc. are out. All mounts are loosened. Harness is mostly disconnected and labeled for the ZE. Same with vacuum lines and throttle cable. Have yet to pull the axles and drop the exhaust. Should be ready to lift by Wednesday. A couple nights cleaning up the engine bay will line me up for the install next weekend. I just hope the ECU gets here by then. Had a visitor drop by in his '08 350Z to have a look. He thinks I'll be quicker than him in the bottom end. Im not so sure, I think he's 300+ HP?
Anyway....a few pics:

'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

sell me your cruise control :) :D
nice project
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”