hotsiit - 1993 MX-3 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: hotsiit - 1993 MX-3 RS

Post by Mooneggs »

hmmm another international project FTW... you almost have more than me :o
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Really want to see it with that spoiler on. Looks more in line with an MX6 spoiler and I have been planning on getting one fabbed to fit my MX3.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Thanks for the comments all!
Mooneggs wrote:hmmm another international project FTW... you almost have more than me :o
:mrgreen: ...Your International project was my inspiration! I still need to find me some pwr folding mirrors though...
X3RCKT wrote:Really want to see it with that spoiler on. Looks more in line with an MX6 spoiler and I have been planning on getting one fabbed to fit my MX3.
I have 3 spoilers now, the "supra" style wing, a factory USA gs wing, and the wrap-around...Choices choices :lol: Not sure if I should paint the wrap-around gs wing the stock color, or go black with it to offset the CF hood? Opinions?
solo_ryder wrote:s--- man, you got some rare partzzzzz I like how this build is going!
Thanks, it is taking a long time, but someday...I think I just like collecting the parts more than anything :shrug: :laugh:

Well, not much to update on, just some pics of parts I did not show yet:
-Corksport / SRD white face gauges (no indiglo :P )
-Carbon fiber gauge ring surround
-SRD billet aluminum battery tie-down
-Corksport "Tasty for ten years" T-shirt! :2thumbsup:

-Gates Racing BP timing belt
-H&R wheel spacers (total of 4 spacers, each 5mm)
-3 motor mounts, 2 (front and rear) are solid 80a mounts (Thank you Clubprotege!) (edit, 80a durometers)
-4 mazda GTR injectors (460cc vs. 330cc gtx)
-Mazda zip case (to hold insurance, registration, etc...)

-Optima red top battery
- :shock: -
-Eunos factory steering wheel!
(Big thank you to Aston Wards, honest and friendly seller, I received everything fine!)

I have a bunch more Eunos parts :pimp: , but no pics yet. Will try to get them soon :D
Last edited by hotsiit on March 1st, 2010, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Sweet! i was getting a lil worried.
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

let me know when you get around to installing the steering wheel... I am procrastinating while I figure out where I want my cruise control buttons to go :?
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Nothing to really update on. Just a few quick shots of more parts, boring I know :shrug:

Oil cooler:

Custom Radiator (I actually I have 2 small fans that I believe I can fit on this rad.)

New intercooler:
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Hey all, I have not forgot about this worklog, Just no new updates, but that will change very soon :mrgreen: I just backed my MX-3 into the shop yesterday (1 August 2008). Since my car is a semi-big project car, it will be worked on during slow/ down times at the shop ( example, appointments that cancel or just do not show etc...my MX-3 will be like filler work :lol: ) I will be able to work on it over the weekends only :( , because of something dumb like a J-O-B :roll: :lol: Well, this is just basically a bump for myself for now, but pics will come soon :!: :mrgreen: :froggie_red: :mrgreen:

Oh also just ordered a 323 manual steering rack and have some JDM h4 headlights coming :D Even though they are not glass lenses they should hopefully be a little nicer than the stock lights?

Also, for those that asked about the miata coil set-up, Well Microtech programmed my ecu box wrong, and I finally got it back, so I do not need to run a trigger wheel off the crank, I can use just the Miata camshaft angle sensor on the head. the LT10s does not have a built in igniter as well as the miata coil packs...So, I will be running RX-7 Turbo II coils, they are pretty beefy stock. The reason we know this, is a customer at the shop has a Geo tracker dirt race truck running the exact same standalone set-up I will be running, and we had nothing but problems until we realized it was the ecu's themselves.

OK, enough story.....I'll be at the shop today to snap some pics. MWAHAHHAAHAHA, I am just excited :lol: :mrgreen:
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

It has been a long time coming...
Just brought into the shop:

The before engine bay shot:

Disassembly in process...
3 engine-bay shots...Really dirty, cluttered, and just a plain mess :lol:

Pile of parts is just the beginning... :twisted:

Overview at the end of the day. (I also like the angle of the shot)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
npspears

Post by npspears »

finally in the shop, cool man. Hey where did you get the Supra style wing? Hope everything goes well.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

npspears wrote:finally in the shop, cool man. Hey where did you get the Supra style wing? Hope everything goes well.
I too hope everything goes well...but that usually does not end up being the case (runs to knock on wood). :lol:

The supra style wing, is actually the only "mod" I did not do to this mx-3...It was on the car already when I bought it back in 2000. Not sure on the manufacturer, sorry. I always liked the look of it, and will probably keep it for now, just to have an assortment of spoilers to chose from :lol: ( 2 gs wings, rs garnish, supra style, Canadian gs )
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Pictars!

The smallest T3 i have, that was running on my stock 1.6l SOHC.
Compressor AR .42Image

A shot of my SRD e-brake handle (which is upside-down :? :lol: ) , Mazdaspeed Protege shift knob, and custom CF pattern/silver stitching shift and brake boots.Image

2 engine bay shots...It's moving along :D

Who needs an engine hoist :?: :!:

:mrgreen:
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
xxwhiteboyjim22xx

Post by xxwhiteboyjim22xx »

lol wow! I hope your not serious about the hoist.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

hotsiit wrote:
npspears wrote:Hey where did you get the Supra style wing?
The supra style wing, is actually the only "mod" I did not do to this mx-3...It was on the car already when I bought it back in 2000. Not sure on the manufacturer, sorry. I always liked the look of it, and will probably keep it for now
I've got a supra-style wing as well, got it from Pakfeifer. There's like 3 versions of that. Yours looks taller than mine. There's one even taller than that. I don't know why people are so against them; when done right, they looks good. The MazdaSpeed one for the Mx-3 is alot the same style, just square-ish (too square for my liking to go with the curvature of the hatch, IMO)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

xxwhiteboyjim22xx.....Thats how I pull all my motors :lol: (joking :) )

Nd4SpdSe.....I agree with you :2thumbsup: I always get mixed reviews from people, some like it and some do not :shrug: I have always liked the look, I think it can flow pretty well with the shape of the mx3...I do not care if some think it is "rice" or whatever...Only reason I will be removing it, is because after 8+ years with it on, it is time to change up the look :D
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Small update, did not get to work on the car much this weekend, busy with customers cars, and Saturday was a memorial BBQ/cruise (RX-7's). I do have some more pictures...
2 more T3 turbochargers. I will most likely go with the one on the left, .60AR intake / .63AR exhaust

Just got my Corksport power series downpipe and Hondata intake manifold gasket:
--The downpipe is nice, stainless steel but is flanged for the vj20 turbocharger. I will have to modify the flange (cut and weld new flange) for whichever turbocharger I end up using.

The 1.6l sohc engine is still in the car, no lifts available this weekend :( , but I re-installed the front re-bar, so I could mess around with different IC / Rad configurations.
I am looking to get a different radiator, as the stock one is too big for how I want to run the IC, and the small radiator (black in the pictures) is too tall if stood up to fit (it is laying on its side in the pictures). I believe I may have found a perfect sized radiator to use though :wink:

If I can make this set-up work, the Pro's would be:
semi-hidden / sleeper look
No cutting/modding/shaving the re-bar
No cutting/modding/shaving the eunos bumper cover
Short intercooler piping
:mrgreen:
Con's:
Radiator super close to heat sources
cooling efficiency
:(

Overall I think I can make it work :shrug: The radiator will be slighty larger than the black one in the pictures, and I can run water wetter, as well as seeing about running a water sparyer / co2 sprayer for the radiator, plus some kind of belly pan / ducting.
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”