wheel spacers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
jman271

wheel spacers

Post by jman271 »

Hey, quick question, the wheel spacers you see on Ebay,,,,is it needed to do all 4 at once, or can you do the rear and leave the fronts alone?
That would look real cool but wondering what the effects would be of having wider rear wheel base than the front?
I just picked up a MX3 and I love it, it handles awsome, but wondering if there is a simple mod that can be done to make it even better.
Thanks all- Joshua
Philipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
wytbishop

Re: wheel spacers

Post by wytbishop »

I don't think spacing the rear wheels only would have a negative impact on alignment or suspension characteristics so long as they are true and of good quality. I don't think it would have a positive impact on handling either, but hey...ya never know.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'd always heard "NEVER use wheel spacers!". But, I built V8 cars. Is it okay to use them on Japanese cars with no balance isues, or any problems?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

IMO there would be no issues, the only problem you may run into is that your studs arent long enough, but if that is the case the spacers you got are too extreme. Watch out for cheap spacers to.. My buddies run them in thier 240sx's and rx7's and they have no isssues.
jman271

Post by jman271 »

Thanks for the insight, do you know if your friends notice and handling improvements? Also, do they use them in back and front? Thanks all-
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

solo_ryder wrote:IMO there would be no issues, the only problem you may run into is that your studs arent long enough, but if that is the case the spacers you got are too extreme. Watch out for cheap spacers to.. My buddies run them in thier 240sx's and rx7's and they have no isssues.

I have a buddy who has them on his RX7 but just to fit bigger wheels, however he has longer studs to pass tech at the track... don't think theres any handling difference.. but its a RWD car..
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I dont know if it will improve handeling, even though you will have a wider stance.. Suspension and sway bars are gonna make the most diff.
jman271

Post by jman271 »

OK, cool, I will probably pass and save the $$$ for some seat covers,(teal green seats? YUK!). Thanks for the replys-
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I guess to each their own, but instead of wasting money on seat covers, why not get some decent seats from an autowrecker or something? It won't cost much more, if at all.

I find seat covers look so tacky, and I just don't understand them.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
jman271

Post by jman271 »

I have been looking, I have not been able to find any seats from an MX3 that aren't green!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”