Stupid Idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Stupid Idle

Post by umcamara »

93MX3KLZE-T wrote:I've never been in dianostic mode when working on my car, and all my changes have stuck.

Jeremy

All I can say to comments like these is, don't be surprised when something computer/electrical/engine related isn't working quite right, and you can't for the life of you figure out why. It may seem to have worked properly, but how are you to know whether or not it adversely affected something else by not doing it according to factory spec?
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

street101 wrote:yea around there i tightened my idle screw all the way in it only went down to 900, so i prolly have a lil leak somewhere but ill take 900rpms then 2000rpm, but yea let me know if it worked.

OH I FOUND THIS PICTURE FOR YOU MAYBE IT WILL GIVE YOU A IDEA WHERE TO LOOK JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW WHERE.

what is the other screw for, and why can it not touch anything at the bottom?

-Chris
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

On the B6 throttle body, "the other screw" adjusts how much the butterfly valve inside the T.B. actually closes. I'm going to assume that that screw serves the same purpose. The reason you don't want to touch it is because it takes a lot of patience to get it set perfectly.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”