Help with ms front install.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Help with ms front install.

Post by Kirk95gs »

Anyone with prior experience installing this evil bumper? (mazdaspeed) :twisted: :twisted:

I bought it off Neil but I think he got it from Oscar *Pakfeifertunning*.

I had to cut some of the top around the lights so that it would sit all the way back, but it still doesn't look right.

here are some pic's.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020200.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020196.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020194.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020192.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020190.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MaX3

Re: Help with ms front install.

Post by MaX3 »

It looks kind of alright... You did some good work to make it fit. Maybe I cant see the problem. I like that front.
He who has the most toys wins!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

haha, evil bumper for more than one reason.

Mine has issues matching flush with the side fenders.

you're going to want to drill some holes on the top lip of the bumper, to the bottom lip of the fender and place some screws to hold it into place tightly.
before you paint it!

For more than one reason. It will be tons more firm, and it's going to bend outwards just a bit (because the bumper kind of sets farther in then the fender)
also, since it's fiberglass, if you paint it first, then try to make it flush, it'll crack all your paint.

that'd be my 3.14159 cents.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have the CS bumper on my RS and the Nopi Erebuni 358 knockoff on my GS. the only think I had to mod on both, was the corner marker holes on the inside.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I know about painting f/g, thats why I am test fitting first. This bumper is from Oscar, and I am just having issues with it fitting around the lights and lining up under the hood. I can get it looking great around the fender and wheel well. It just seems the front and center of the bumper is to low. I didnt know if anyone else ran into this befor and what they did to fix or make it look better.

The bumper looks good from standing and looking at it.. just when you get down looking from the front. or right over top you can tell that it doesn't line up 100% in the front/center.

You can see the sides are lined up, the singals fit after I cut the hole out for them. still have the issue with the bumper sitting a little low. From what I can make of it, I think thats where it is going to stay.

Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

wow, Id sat get a refund lol
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

LOL yeah ... some how I dont think that will ever happen.. I guess I'll have to just use it untill it cracks and get another from CS ... I dont think Erebuni makes the ms style anymore.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Kirk95gs wrote:LOL yeah ... some how I dont think that will ever happen.. I guess I'll have to just use it untill it cracks and get another from CS ... I dont think Erebuni makes the ms style anymore.
Sorry to say, I've got the last one. Although I'm worried about my fitment now too. It's been sitting in my basement for months now.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I've seen the drift style front bumpers have a similar problem. well the cheepy ones on ebay. maybe they are just made of poor quality...sorry to say but it looks like your bumper has a serious celulite problem IMO. :lol:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

maybe u can cut the sides down more and put some foam ontop of the rebar (like the stock crap) and that will raise it up?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

look at the wave in the bumper! That sucker not only doesn't fit properly, it's got dents, hills and valleys!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah I'll come up with something creative. I dont like it when things like this happen, But nothen I can really do about it. I will make it a custom bumper.. LOL.. I dont know how it will look in the end.. but.. I always have my old broken stuck GS to fall back on it it doesnt work out..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
Kirk95gs wrote:LOL yeah ... some how I dont think that will ever happen.. I guess I'll have to just use it untill it cracks and get another from CS ... I dont think Erebuni makes the ms style anymore.
Sorry to say, I've got the last one. Although I'm worried about my fitment now too. It's been sitting in my basement for months now.
From what I have read between old post and what Barry just said it should fit fine. just need mod the corner marker holes so the housing will fit. Nothing to crazy took me 15mins with this bumper.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Hmm ... Sounds like the bumper is warped. This is one of the reasons i don't full around with body kits no more. If you have a fiberglass bumper, you always have to worry about fitment and chances of breaking it. If you get urethane, you have to worry about bracing it. Either you can order a new aftermarket front, or cut the one you have now in half and mold it to your stock. Or you can leave the stock gs on there and now have to deal with the bs. lol
whatever you decide, good luck!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

My Corksport bumper.
this one had an issue with the screw hole next to the wheel well that had broken off and I had to FG it back together. It wasnt perfect so the fenderwell wasnt line up like it used to be. I said screw it, and I lived with it.

My Erebuni MS front
(Just thrown on)
Disregard the garage, I just finished a ZE swap in this pic.

Return to “Appearance”