k8 idle problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MgXs3

k8 idle problem

Post by MgXs3 »

ok i started my car up and it is pretty cold out so it was idleing high but it shouldnt be at 3000 and when it was all warmed up it went down to 2000 but then i stopped at a light and it went from 3500 to 2000 and back and forth fast. I searched for some tps adjustments and i jumped ten and grnd but it says turn the screw until the fan comes on but it never did and when i rev the car the fan goes with the throttle so when i give it gas the fan starts up but when i stop it goes back off?! is it supose to do that?

Thanks

Travis
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: k8 idle problem

Post by Kirk95gs »

shut the car down, losen the two screws on either side of the TPS, jump ten and grnd, turn you key to the *on* position. if the fan is running, or is not running at all then your tps is off, if it kicks on for a sec or two and shuts off its pretty damn close. If you tps needs to be ajusted turn the the hole tps slowly one way or they other untill the fan turns on or off. Just at the point where it turns off/on is where you want it. when your done the fan should not be running. just at the point where if you turn it a tad it will turn on.

once your done start the car. let it worm up. then turn your IAC the screw on the top of the throtle body down or up untill you hit your rpms around 700.

Then turn the car off. pull the jumper start the car and it should ready to go.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

thanks kirk95 i adjusted the tps. now i get cel code 12 which is throttle sensor. is that because i adjusted the sensor?
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

were you getting the code befor you ajusted the tps? You might have to reset the computer, the ecu will remember the old codes.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

no i wasnt getting any codes before. I reset the computer and disconected the battery overnight and i will check for codes later. When i bought the car i thought there would be some codes popping up and i constantly was checking lol but now i finally got one and im pretty happy i now have something to post about. but i hope its not exspensive to fix. kinda off the subject but i like ur hatch shade i just got one from a junkyard :lol: what brand is urs?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Mine is oem, came with the car.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

cool i didnt know they were OEM. I learned something new
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

check the wires going to the switch, they might be done or the switch might be done also and a new switch is pretty expensive to. Also did you check your coolant lately? it also sounds like its low.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

what switch? the tps? also i get code 12 which is throttle sensor full range what does that mean exactly?
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

12 is your TPS also? sounds like the sensor is done.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

ok now i got a new problem. My car is almost reaching the red zone on the temp gauge, Im thinking its the thermostat because my coolant resevoir is full and the car will heat up after 5 mins of driving and ill check the coolant and it didnt even move. but again with the surging idle i think its the idle stepper motor under the tb. I think thats what it is, its the black electric motor thing on the bottom of the tb. When i unplug it the surging stops but when i plug it back in it continues. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

Travis
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

can anyone help me?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”