Water cooled t3 on a ze, water from?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Water cooled t3 on a ze, water from?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey guys yesterday i received my t3 water/oil cooled turbo , today i should get my replacement t3.t4 i was thinking of checking out the t3 to see how fast they spool and considering the flanges look the same as my piping.

Whrere can i get water from? the throttle body? would that be enough? A couple of friends suggested that.

Ill be using the t3/t4 but i wanna try this t3 to see if its good.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Re: Water cooled t3 on a ze, water from?

Post by se7en »

the tap :P

heh

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

i have an garret t3 42 trim watercooled i ran it on my k8 this turbo is 10amazing compared to my t3/t4 hybrid off ebay. i made 10 psi in first gear shifting at 7
and saw it spike up to 20 pounds then the k8 went lol.
I will be running this turbo on my kl i am in the process of biulding i cant wait to have that on demand zero turbo lag power...
btw i got my coolant for the tb coolant line its works out perfectly it gets just enough coolant. the turbo doesnt need much coolant anyways its just for turbo cool down purposes.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

K8Boosted wrote:i have an garret t3 42 trim watercooled i ran it on my k8 this turbo is 10amazing compared to my t3/t4 hybrid off ebay. i made 10 psi in first gear shifting at 7
and saw it spike up to 20 pounds then the k8 went lol.
I will be running this turbo on my kl i am in the process of biulding i cant wait to have that on demand zero turbo lag power...
btw i got my coolant for the tb coolant line its works out perfectly it gets just enough coolant. the turbo doesnt need much coolant anyways its just for turbo cool down purposes.
Kind of off the topic , yeah you can run high boost with a small turbo , BUT you are way past your effeciency range and you are just blowing hot air , I personally think This is going to be too small for you hec .
It would be better for a k8 .
Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

"If you have no lag, you have no turbo. You also have no huge torque increase to look forward to."
- Corky Bell
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

hec, i dont see the off topicness of my post. i mentioned i used the tb coolant, also how fast the turbo was able to spool up and yes i understand turbo efficiency somewhat im no expert but ive studied the equations a bit and throughly read all the turbo info on garrett's website
i do not plan on running more than 10 psi ever with that turbo... on a kl.. i put a lot of research into my turbo choice and figured this would be the best for how i want my mx to perform and price (reliable fun to drive street car,not some much 1/4 mile times
when i mention the no lag i meant very minimal sorry
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I wasn't referring to your post when I said off topic , I know that you explained where to get coolant from , I was referring to my post how I did not answer his question at all. Really I was just saying that I would probraly run a bigger turbo on a KL , the t3 seems well suited for a k8 though.
Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

k now everything makes sense.... hey r u the mazda maniac who made that amazing site ? (if so props that site is amazing)
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Can you put a T3/T4 on a ze because i have one and i'm conpletly lost on it rihgt now. I was thinking it was too big for that motor.
se7en

Post by se7en »

I have a t3/t04 on my k8, and it doesn't have too much lag....

:)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

So it should fit in the B6 and if it does is there alot of moding to put it in and dose anyone know where to get the down pipe i need it really bad....
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

make one. There goes 20 bucks
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Ok now i have a T3 but need a manifold where can i get one or dose anyone have one lay'in around i can buy from them?? And since i have a B6 what can i boost at with out killing my motor??

Return to “Forced Induction”