my ZE don´t start...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aguiloco

my ZE don´t start...

Post by aguiloco »

Hello everyone, I have an extrange problem. Some days ago at the morning I try to run the car and it doesn´t start, starter sounds good but don´t start... Only some hours early I was driving it with no problems.

Th starter motor moves the engine at the same speed as allways did, I check the sparks are running good, fuel line to injectors rail, injectors, a new battery, another disty, my old k8 ECU, check all fuses, no vacuum leaks, check all conectors, did the diagnostic and only got the tipicall EGR errors, I tried to start in diagnostic mode, reset ECU, and the car wont start!

If I have fuel, air, spark and no errors, what should be the problem???
Smith18

Re: my ZE don´t start...

Post by Smith18 »

Well Typically Fuel, Air, Spark Means Boom she should run haha double and triple check the spark and fuel. umm other than that it should run....? i don't know man
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

it sounds like you have checked everything... is your fuel pump coming on? maybe bad gas or something??
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

yeah, I really checked everithing... The fuel pump is working good, and the fuel is the same I allways use.

Could be a bad camshaft or knock sensor that the diagnostic cant find?
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

i don't know if it relates, but, my KL-ZE had all variables correct,(fuel,spark, timing) and it was discovered the front cam had a big chip out of it and would not let the car start... so maybe check compression?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

I disasembled timing and found the problem. The timing belt was broken along it and the back camshaft was around 75º out of point.

Now that I disasembly some part I will rebuilt the engine with new gaskets, piston rings and valves work.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”