Question for Auto Tranny owners

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Astroboy

Question for Auto Tranny owners

Post by Astroboy »

How many people here with the automatic transmission have had to change them? I'm looking to get an mx-3 and here that there are some problems. However I know someone with a V6 and auto with 180k km and has had no problems with it. <BR>Is this transmission problem a random thing or would you say it happens to all of them? Maybe at a certain amount of mileage?<BR>Also, if you had your auto trans. die, at what mileage did this happen?<P>Thanks alot for your help!
Evil G

Re: Question for Auto Tranny owners

Post by Evil G »

I'm currently changing to a manual tranny..... my auto shat itself two weeks ago.... 94 000 km's on the clock... pretty sad huh!?!?!
'93 MX-3 (Eunos Presso)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>10mm ignition leads<BR>Straight through exhaust (no cats)<BR>Automatic->Manual trans. conversion
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Wow that is real early, not even 100k. Soory to hear that Image I would probably have to get an auto since I don't know and part of me doesn't want to learn how to drive a manual. Maybe if I get one of those extended warranty's, would those cover the mx-3 transmission problem?
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

Hey I have 117,000 on my 94 and havent had any problems yet, i just drive it and change the tranny oil every 7,000 miles or so, Its running great,JUST DONT BUST A TRANNY BOLT!hehe Chris
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Hey thans, I'm starting to think now that its not happening to everyone. <P>Does anyone know if the same auto tranny was used for all the years that the mx-3 was made?
Evil G

Post by Evil G »

hey I think the auto trannys are okay.... I've heard they're the worst thing about a mazda car... but the fact of the matter was that my car is so highly modded that it will take any manual mx-3 that I've raced.... also I was into giving it absolute death... if only the pedal would go further down - hence my tranny dieing at 94 000km's Image ehhehe that's okay... I need a manual for the 2.5l engine swap that is about to occur
'93 MX-3 (Eunos Presso)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>10mm ignition leads<BR>Straight through exhaust (no cats)<BR>Automatic->Manual trans. conversion
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out once I get mine. Is there any difference with tranny life when on the v6 or v4?
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

i've got a 92 GS V6 and my auto trans died at about 40,000 miles... very pitiful. cost $1,200 bux to replace that b----.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

$1200!!!!!!!<P>That's a swift kick in the nuts for me cause I paid $4000can for mine at 183, 000kms. Astroboy keep an eye on it because if the person before was tough on it, well let me just put it to you this way, I bought the car with 181, 000kms on it! But then again that's usually when tranny's die on these cars.<BR>that's my 2 cents<P>MAZDASPEED<BR>STEVE
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE

Post by Guest »

Hey Andrew P, I dont Think your gettin your money back, All I can say is if you had problems reaching him befeore you sent it ,it was a sign not to send anything, I hope you didnt loose a great amount. Remember not every one is a chump, chris
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

No flaming or personal attacks on the integrity of another member are allowed publicly on this forum. Take it to private email, take it to the police, take it to Judge Judy, just take it out of here. <P>...A guy walks into a bar and says <B>POST CLOSED!</B><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”