freight companys

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bp_turbo94

freight companys

Post by bp_turbo94 »

ok i live in louisiana, im getting a klde in PA and i need a way to get it down here . so does any body ever used a freight company that was pleased with the prices/package/time it took?
Raven95150

Re: freight companys

Post by Raven95150 »

I've never had anything shipped through a freight company, but I'm a driver for a local delivery service here in MN so I have some advice for you.

If you work at a place that has a loading dock or know someone who does, have it shipped there if you can. Most freight companies will charge an extra fee to deliver to a residence or any other place where they will need a lift gate to unload. Depending on the company, you also may have the option of picking it up at their local terminal.

Shop around and get quotes from several different companies, their rates may be quite different.

Get an accurate weight of the shipment (including the pallet and any other packaging materials) before getting a quote, don't just guess. Charges are based on weight, so if you guess low they will adjust the price accordingly and you will end up paying more than you were quoted. If you guess high they won't say anything and you will end up paying more than you should.
No more MX-3
2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
95 F-150...6" lift, 35" tires
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

FedEx Freight...

But that's because I have a huge discount ;)

I would also advise if you've got a vehicle to pick one up locally, pick the motor up at the terminal.

Residential surcharges are hell.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
smallblockman69

Post by smallblockman69 »

i ship parts all over the country i like DHL Ground for parts under 150lbs & roadway for domestic stuff over 150lbs. just make sure you wrap it up really good if you send it with dhl they are really rough with the packages

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”