SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Project: Clean Kut :!:
Car: 93 GS
Motor: Stock K8
Bought: 02.08.2008
Worklog: 02.15.2008
-------------------------
Hi everyone...
I figured I would start a worklog because with this car, I'm planning to take a different approach to the situation. Every vehicle i've had, I was all about body kit's and all about being a show off. Some people have different opinions on the matter, But i've grown to like a smooth, clean looking car. Soo, Thats why I named this worklog Project Clean Kut.
The green color on my car isnt my first choice, but lets just see if I can work with what i've got.
Follow me along as I transform my MX3!
';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';'';';';';';';';'';';';';

Current state

93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Plans:
1] Install 17" ADR's. (DONE)
2] Install Coilovers.
3] Take out airbox & replace with cone filter. (DONE) 2.15.08
4] Get windows tinted.
5] Buy and install stock front lip.
6] Buy and install 1 12" sub w/amp.
7] Buy and install short shifter.
8] Buy and install slim visors.
9] MX3.com Decals.
10] Buy and install smoke altezza tails.
11] Meet someone with a MX3.
Last edited by SmoothMX3 on February 24th, 2008, 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I love that last line man.. "Meet someone with a MX3"... thats great.. :lol:

I know what you mean.. where my parents live there is about 25 mx-3's couple of them are done up nice.. well 2.. I moved about 600km's away in a diffrent province and now there's only 2 other mx-3's other then mine.. and they look like they are ready for the j/y..

:lol: :lol:

Nice car to start with.... good luck with your project.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

SmoothMX3 wrote: 8] Buy and install slim visors.
I like that one... good luck on the project man - welcome back to the game :D
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Welp, The rims are installed. I've had alittle problem with 1 locking wheel lug on each rim. That was taken care of by my brother. He's got a tool that took it right off with ease. I'll post up some pics of the car tomorrow when I get my camera back from my sister. While installing the rims on my car I noticed I have disc brakes in the back. I had no idea the mx3 came with disc brakes. Thats awsome. So, that leads to another thing im gonna have to do. Alittle later down the road i'll be adding cross drilled rotor's all the way around. I'm also thinking about painting my caliber's yellow. What do you guys think?
Also, in the next few days.. I'll be getting a rockford 12" speaker and a rockford amp.
This weekend coming up, I'll be throwing on the coilover's because this thing needs a drop really bad. I'm still looking for a front lip.
9Red3

Post by 9Red3 »

Looks like that mx-3 is in good shape. I really envy a lot of you guys here on the forums, all handy with the car stuff. All i can do is cook lol.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

9Red3 wrote:Looks like that mx-3 is in good shape. I really envy a lot of you guys here on the forums, all handy with the car stuff. All i can do is cook lol.
haha ... We can make arrangments for a trade...
You make me good food, I put work into your car. lol
Im a sucker for food. WOAH! wait, i cant believe the way that sounds! LMAO!!!
(not eracing that so you guys can see how crazy that sounds. wow)
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Update: With Pics!

So I decided to put my HID's back in. I cant adjust them because my adjuster thing is broke i think. It's the top screw right? I screwwed and screwwed. Nothing happened.
Anyways, here's acouple pics for you guys.

This pic is just a tad blurry, My camera has alot of options and i was playing with it a bit.

Showing ya what the HID pattern looks like. wicked. Needs to be adjusted, bad!

My car with my rims put on. I cant wait to drop it. It'll happen next weekend.

I'll take some pics during the day as well.

Thanks for looking guys!
9Red3

Post by 9Red3 »

Really nice wheels. How much did those cost?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I paid $400 dollars for them with wheels and tires. used.
Two of the tires were not that great when i bought them, so 2 days after i bought them off a friend, i went and put brand new tires on em, all around.
They were flat black when i bought them. I then painted them black, then later down the road i didnt like that, so i painted them silver. Then i didnt like that so i painted them black again. lol ... btw, i painted the chrome lip on em. Didnt do to bad of a job. haha
They need to be bead blasted, but i just havnt got around to getting it done yet. I wonder if sand blasting would hurt them?

Thanks for the comment!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yesterday, I Installed my speaker and amp. Boy it feels better going down the road hearing the boom. Me and my brother inlaw got to looking at the aftermarket intake I had on my zx2, that is not just laying around. We flipped it around acouple times and found that it will fit. I'll have to cut it and make it shorter, but it will work. So... This is what i plan on getting done this weekend...

Install Coilovers.
Install Intake.
Install Tweeters.
Build Better Speaker box.
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

Nice Car, But a little advice when you have such thin rims so that you can see the calipers and rotor try buying aftermarket Rotos (Slotted looks better) and either a new Caliper or just paint your old one. It makes the rims and car look alot better.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Advice taken, and thanks bro.
Yeah, my brother inlaw was telling me to get slotted instead of the cross drilled ones.
It will be alittle while before i get them, but until then i told my bro i was gonna paint the calipers. I've painted calipers on all my others cars, but this time i dont know what color would go good with my car and rims. I was kinda thinking yellow. I've looked at alot of mx-3's that are the color of my car and most of them do yellow for graphics and all and it looks pretty good. So, I guess im going yellow unless you guys have a better idea on a color?
I finally got to use my box i built. I built a box to spec's for a 12" speaker i used to have. I ended up trading that speaker for a xbox 360. The box wasnt done yet and today i finally got it done and put my new speaker in it. I havnt finished it completly but it's in my car and it hits hard as hell. As far as the box, All i have to do now is cover it with some leight waight bondo. It's just a square box for a 12" speaker, but im planning to cover it with bondo and smooth all the edges. I'm probally gonna paint it a sparkley yellow. Only reason im not covering it with fabric is because there is pocket screw holes in it, and i'd have to fill all them holes with some bondo anyways.
Ahh, I can't wait till this weekend. Coilovers will be on, calipers will be painted.
In about 10 mins. I'm gonna install the tweeters in my car.
Oh one question. I have a bunch of lag in my car. Is this just like that? or what?
Start off from first, it goes good. (btw, this is flooring it)... second gear, takes a second and then it kicks in. third gear, takes awhile then you feel it pull. same with fourth. also, when racing and going from first to second, im used to catching a good chirp from the power. is this motor just no powerful enough, or what?
thanks guys
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Tweeters are done and installed. Going to start working on the box in about 30 mins.
Ugh, one thing I hate is messing with bondo. I'm make this a quick process. haha
I'll post pics of the box when it's done and painted. It should be finished by tomorrow or the next day. wish me luck!

P.S. ... I'm also gonna take before and after pics of the box and speaker.
Savin

Post by Savin »

Good luck with the Bondo :D I cant wait to see what you do. Looking forward to seeing it done. Best of luck to ya!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”