wheels wiggles alot

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
bp_turbo94

wheels wiggles alot

Post by bp_turbo94 »

i have a 92 GS, the front passenger wheel wiggles so much when i hit a bump and i have no clue to what it is, i took the wheel off to see if any thing was losse , but everything was tight so i need some help BAD!!!!! so please if you have any info please tell me

thx
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: wheels wiggles alot

Post by V8KOMX3 »

the only thing I can think of is your wheel bearings but if that was the case the wheel would be a noticable wobble from tob to bottom on a lift. Or possibly the lug nuts are loose?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

i ve tryed the wheel nuts being lose, so it cant be it, could it be a aliment thing?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

ok when you have the car jacked up with the wheel on is there any play in the wheel moving side to side or front to back (don't spin the wheel). If it does then it is the wheel bearing... if it's none of that it's possible your control arm could be lose? or maybe your endlink is broken?
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

wheel bearing, ball joint, tie rod end. check them all
1993 White gs klze.
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

theres no move ment with the wheel at all really , i havent check the control arm in stuff, so i think im going to check it out thx for the info :)
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

blown struts make banging noise when they are dying. ive got two of those right now.
1993 White gs klze.
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

its not noise its the wheel, it makes me lose control for a sec or two when i hit a bump, my dad swears its the springs and struts, i really needs some help quick!!!!!!!!
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

Dali wrote:blown struts make banging noise when they are dying. ive got two of those right now.

me too ..its only on my front passenger side too only for some reason
similar drivng habits haha
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

so your saying when you hit a pot hole you loose control for a second?
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

dunno if we have the same problem...for me...at least
at speeds above say...90 km/hr it will start to shake...when I am consistently at 140 the whole car would be fine...but that wheel will shake like hell... on the highway...the more I lean on that wheel on a turn...at the wheel the noise...the noise becomes a little bit of "dong dong dong" like its constantly hitting something at the wheel... I can even hear it when my windows are closed at like 120km/hr...dunno what the hell's wrong started doing that when I went over too many potholes too freely.

And the pot holes too....freaking annoying.......when I go over it too it will lose control for a second I guess that how I would word it too...it goes like it flutters ...sounds like "tut tut tut"....I 've had it checked too and I think its safe...maybe blown struts I guess
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

yea mine does the same thing , expet when on the highway im fine, just when i hit a pot hole it flutters like your saying, idk what it is
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

Mooneggs wrote:Well last weekend I went and got my wheel bearing replaced. Guess what? No more shudder when I take left turns!

Unfortunately my lower ball joint boot is shot so I have to figure out how to take off that now... seems like that bolt holding it in is frozen...

I also replaced the outer tie rod.
sounds like what you are talking about!

from project log http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”