EGR

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dmcdan0

EGR

Post by dmcdan0 »

Where is the EGR located in a 1.8 V6? I have a code saying that I have a low EGR pressure. I replaced my EGR in my Fiero GT last year by myself; it was rusted in there pretty good, but I was still able to do it. However, my mechanic tells me, its a huge job and that it is hidden in the 1.8. Is this true? Does any one have any pics of the location? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. I just bought this mx-3 in August, and the difference between this engine and the fiero V6 is huge!!!
Dan
96 MX3 GS
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: EGR

Post by 2fazed »

To get to the EGR from the top. You'll have to take out the battery, battery tray, intake. The EGR is right under the TB, hooked on the firewall side of the engine. The EGR is hook with 2 10mm bolts, and a 17mm pipe that hooks to the exhaust manifold. You can do it. It's a headache to do, cuts it's difficult to get to and move your hands around.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

yeah it is a pain... I had a issues with the line from the egr snapping off the header.. It happened on my way to work one day.. so on my lunch I jacked the car up..removed the back header and egr from mostly under the car.. and sitting on the engine itself :lol: .. anyways.. pulled the hole thing off in 1hr got it welded and reinstalled after work took me another 45mins.. was a pain.. you can do it without taking everything off.. but it is much MUCH easier if you remove the bat, intake first and go at it from the top.
dmcdan0

Post by dmcdan0 »

wow, thanks guys!
Dan
96 MX3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”