cant shift gears...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
95 rs

cant shift gears...

Post by 95 rs »

so im driving home and well go to downshift and i cant put the tranny into gear. 95 b6de std by the way. and well pedal feels like theres nothing there. so what is more then likly the cause? im lening towards the clutch but could it possibly be the slave cylinder? like if the car is off you can shift gears like nothing without pushing in the clutch. you put the clutch in and well theres no shifting whatso ever. i really need to get this fixxed asap as this is my only means of transportation as i am in school. thanks in advance Denton
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: cant shift gears...

Post by 2fazed »

Does your master cylinder got brake fluid in it? It may be your slave cylinder, or you got a brake fluid leak.
Last edited by 2fazed on January 29th, 2008, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ya its got brake fluid. takin it to my cousins place with a hoist on thursday so hopefully then ill be able to get it all fixxed for the weekend.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I'm gonna say clutch master cylinder.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i got it fixxed.... it ended up being that one of the springs on the clutch disc broke and was hitting the pressure plate thus not allowing the clutch to engage...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”