new headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
studboy13

new headers

Post by studboy13 »

ok, so with my klze, im gonna need some new headers
r the pacesetter headers really worth the extra 150$ over the cheap ones on ebay? does anyone have these?
comments? ideas?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: new headers

Post by Kirk95gs »

I dont have the pacsetter headers but I do have the ssautochrom headers from 4 or so years ago. Still work great.... for the price of the ebay headers I would go with them.. they are stainless steel.. I have not heard anything bad about them.. Buddy of mine got a set for his mx-6 and they look just as good as my $400 headers did when I got them.. all the joints were welded clean..
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I bought mine off ebay a long time ago and I have not had any issues with them...

I think they are SS autochrome or something
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Most people seem to not like the Pacesetter products, because of their low quality build and tendency to rust and crack, so I doubt they're worth the extra money. Frankly, SS Autochrome/XS power ones probably aren't much better either, but at least they're stainless.

I have the SSA headers, although I had them ceramic coated, so they'd last longer and run cooler, and so far they're alright, but as long as they don't rust or crack, they're all about the same. The power gain difference is questionable and has not really been tested.

Not really a lot of choices for good headers with our cars after Hotshot went under. Don't know of eBay headers quality, but I doubt they'll be much worse than Pacesetter/SSA ones.
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

hey man i am goign to be selling my headers and the rest of the exhaust front to back 2.5 inch. Its got 2 resonators and no cats with an RSR muffler and sounds damn good but im dong a turbo setup and i am redoing it all, if you re in canada and can wait a little bit i can give you a wicked deal on it.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

hell im interested if nobody else is!!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

Hey here is a link to a video of my exhaust, yeah im pushing it hard for you to catch the full affect. its good and icey out and -40.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... o_0001.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”