Please Help!!! I'm Loosing Hope

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-3 Newbie

Please Help!!! I'm Loosing Hope

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

Hi. I love my 92 Mx3 GS but i've had nothing but problems with it.
It all started with my fuses. I keep blowing the same fuse over and over, It blows when my car is put in reverse only and starts moving. I forget the fuse. It sticks out further than all the rest and is a 15, (hope that helps).
It disables my dash(speedometer, RPM guage, gas guage and temp guage) I also get no signal lights and rear defrost when it blows. When replaced all comes back but my Gas guage and My rear signal lights stay lit all the time now.
It has fried my NEW IN dash DVD player :(
I had to run a Switch to my dash coming from the acc line on the battery just to turn my dash lights off, so it doesn't kill my battery.
When I accelerate I sometimes get a really loud pitch comming from my rear speakers. It gets louder as I accelerate. My rear wiper died from all this as well.
My biggest problem right now is that my Car keeps turning over and over but will not fire up. I let it sit for 2 days straight tried starting it and it started right away ran for 3 mins and then stalled. Can't start it ever since. Just turns over and over. And yes it has gas : :cry: )

I've really started to loose hope in this car but I love it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
My Father will be very happy as well, (this car if driving him nuts).

Thank you in advance
se7en

Re: Please Help!!! I'm Loosing Hope

Post by se7en »

well, forst thing I would check, is if it getting spark.

mx-3's have really bad distributors. that is usually what causes them not to start.

and it often has your symptoms.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

dude, sound like you have a short somewhere. My advise is that you either rewire or disconect your stereo. You probably have a pinched wire somewhere that is draning power and that's why it wont start. I've had the same problem before. Hope this helps.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

If the fuse for your dash lights is blowing when you turn on the headlights/parklights, it's very probable that your deck has been wired improperly. The most common mistake is to use the car's dimmer wire as the ground wire for the deck. This wire will show ground normally, but vary from 12 volts down to 0 when you turn on the parking lights and adjust the dimmer switch.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

almost sounds like low voltage. how many volts is your alternator pumping out??
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Lynch

Post by Lynch »

this won't help your staring problem, but your feedback noise your hearing as you accelerate is due to having your power wire for your rear speakers/subs running along side of your sound wires. Just seperate them and that problem should go away.
1993 MX-3 1.8, 5sp, Citrus Orange
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

The high-pitched noise could be induced by running the high current power wire too close to the RCA cables, not the speaker wires, but this is usually only an issue if running component tweeters.

The ground noise he's experiencing is likely due to a ground loop. If there's a potential difference between the ground at the deck, amp, etc, they will feed back into eachother and create the high-pitched whining noise. This is often rectified by grounding your various components at the same point, or reinforcing your current grounds.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”