Vortec Cyclone?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3-Life

Vortec Cyclone?

Post by MX3-Life »

I recently bought a Vortec Cyclone for my Intake System and im getting mixed answers on if it really does work... Considering it was only 35$ i thought if it doesn't work ill just return it but whatever i was just wondering if anyone has one or experienced one. Basicly... im asking if They Work or Dont they?

CNN says they do a tiny dif
and
YahooAnswers and Popular Mechanics say they dont do anything...

Any thoughts?
se7en

Re: Vortec Cyclone?

Post by se7en »

ya. my thoughts....

don't bother.

they don't do anything.

they actually hurt performance a bit because the restrict the air intake, and also, arguabley, they chop up the air which is no good in my books....

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

haha i have a friend who SWEARS his works LOL i laughed at him.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Their selling point is that they improve atomization by causing a 'spiral' in the intake, which would in theory improve performance and economy, but they also restrict flow, which does the opposite. I wouldn't spend the money on it.
Cody
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

i had one of those and it didn't seem to do anything for me. i didn't get the EXACT results tho, just goin by feeling.
i had an "electronic supercharger" that blows air in tho. and when idling it would shut my car off but it would actually help when i got into the higher rpms.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
neumann

Post by neumann »

No, it doesn't do anything.

I always wondered if the fact that the marketers called it Cyclone was a sly nudge. One of the suggested etymologies for the term cyclone was the greek word klykoma, referring to the coils of a snake or ...Snake Coils

Say it fast three times
Snake coils
Snakecoils
Snake Oils !!!!!
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

what is this Vortec Cyclone ?
is it a spiral-form thing that is supposed to push the BHP up wjile just beeing in the intake tube ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”