just to clarify the bp swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
competitiveaudioman

just to clarify the bp swap

Post by competitiveaudioman »

I've read the stickys and FAQs and just wanted to clarify the bp swap. i have the 1.6 right now and its a 5 speed. my car is a 92. is this really a bolt in swap and will my stock trans bolt right up? i am a Honda guy at heart and this is the first Mazda Ive had. is it worth swapping or can you make the 1.6 pretty quick? sorry if I'm asking dumb questions but like i said i am lost when it comes to these cars lol. also where is the best place to order this engine? Ive used tigarjapanese.com before but is this a reputable site?
Limegreen mx-3

Re: just to clarify the bp swap

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

at least u read..
competitiveaudioman wrote: is this really a bolt in swap and will my stock trans bolt right up?
Yes and yes

competitiveaudioman wrote:is it worth swapping or can you make the 1.6 pretty quick
Yes and No it will cost to much to make a 1.6 sohc fast. (I know im still working on my other MX-3)

competitiveaudioman wrote:i am a Honda guy at heart and this is the first Mazda Ive had
thats so sad u went to the drakside im guessing u finally saw the light im joking with u.

competitiveaudioman wrote:also where is the best place to order this engine? Ive used tigarjapanese.com before but is this a reputable site
for me its the junkyard other have different opinions and for my last answer never heard of that site so i can't help u there..

mines is a 92 did the BP swap then i turbocharged it.

enjoy ur MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
competitiveaudioman

Post by competitiveaudioman »

thanx man. what cars and years did the bp come in so i can keep a look out? and all i really need is a ecu right?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

92-94 mazda protege read the 4cly faq. too list of cars to find a BP

BP

make sure the ecu and harness is from a protege LX

ecu and harness

why a harness no need to splice and cut just plug and play
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

tip for anybody in the ontario, durham region.

my old mx-3 is sitting in the south oshawa wreckers. Red with rear end damage.

it has ->
-BP swap 120,000km on the engine (I got it used)
-BP ecu
-modified harness
-eibach lower springs
-nice rear shocks in the back (don't remember km)
-dash is in really good shape.

just a tip......

take pictures if you find it......
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”