shifting trouble

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
MazdaMan85

shifting trouble

Post by MazdaMan85 »

I have a 92, v6 with the auto transaxle. This is my first auto mx-3. When I got it it needed a front pump seal. Got that fixed. Now when I put it in reverse it seems to jerk into gear. When I put it in drive it jerks in all gears but only once in a while. Now when I'm at 55mph its at 2400rpms which seems high. Is there another gear or something?? And when I'm at 55 and above when I let off the gas and then back on it revs a little and then goes back to where its supposed to be. It seems to be going in overdrive or something. Any help would be nice..
5speedMX

Re: shifting trouble

Post by 5speedMX »

It sounds like your tranny is building-up pressure too slow. When was the last time the tranny filter was replaced. Could just be you need to replace the filter. That's where I would start especially since it sounds like you haven't had it long. There's no telling how old that filter and fluid are!!
It ain't done 'til it's done right.
MazdaMan85

Post by MazdaMan85 »

Thanks for the reply. I'll buy the filter today and change it and see what happens. I have had the fluid changed and put lucas tranny fix in it before. Any other suggestions would be helpful.
MazdaMan85

Post by MazdaMan85 »

Well I changed the filter yesterday and it is still doing the same thing. It does shift into reverse easier thought. What is the normal rpm range when doing 55 or 60 mph. Mine is at about 2500 or 2600 rpm. Maybe it isn't going into overdrive or something. It still seems to be downshifting when I let of the gas and then get back on it at around 55 mph. If anyone has an idea let me know please....

Return to “Transmissions”