snapped 3 alternator belts in one day....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

Re: snapped 3 alternator belts in one day....

Post by JeremyP »

dont know it if helps any...or if its the right belt im talking about...but i recently snapped a belt...we found out the plastic cover for the cam gears had come loose in one corner and cut my belt
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:well i did swap the pulleys out, the stock belt is too tight though i don't know but the stock size i had to pry it on even when it was loose all the way.
OK you didn't say any of that before. All bets are off. If the new alt has the old pulley everything should fit the same as it did. The body of the new unit might be slightly bigger than the old alt, but in pictures they look almost exacly the same to me. Make sure your tensioner is all the way out and triple check the alignment of the pulleys. If you can't put a stock belt on then correct alignment and tension with a Good Year belt are your only hope.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

yeah i used goodyears lol. anyways its all set now plus im selling the car.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

giving up what a shame
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

that sucks
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

well its not that im giving up its that i just bought an 03 tiburon gt with a 6 speed teabbt fully loaded all power wicked low miles we talked them down 3 grand.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”