Mikals 92 Mazda Mx3 rs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mikal

Mikals 92 Mazda Mx3 rs

Post by Mikal »

Well today I picked up my 92 black mazda mx3 rs, $800 out the door.
Didn't start any work on it yet, but this week I'll be getting a locksmith to get the other half of my only key out of the ignition, and making me a new key. Also very soon will be getting front windshield resealed and getting rust on roof fixed. (hope to get pics up if only I had a digital camera :cry: )
Last edited by Mikal on January 15th, 2008, 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikal

Re: Mikals Mx3

Post by Mikal »

This car's really starting to dissappoint me, I was looking around inside it today and the drivers side floor is soaked. And at only making ~$120 a week this is going to be a long
project.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Don't let that get you down. Keep on keepin' on!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

im an avg joe

i manage to get where i am now..

took long enough i've own a MX-3 since i was 18 im 24 now but i finally made a fast MX-3 at age 23...

if u want it bad enough u'll get there if u don't u'll just give up.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

So today as I saw this other mx3 before. I walk to the back of some little junkyard and there it sits on the ground with no wheels. The body is in perfect shape. The guy said he'll sell me this mx3 for $700, so now what I'm thinking of doing is getting it as well and swapping its shell over to my current mx3. Let me know what you guys think.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Please fix the topic to comply with worklog rules,

thanks
Volones

Post by Volones »

I could very well be wrong here, but I expect that swapping everything over to that MX-3 body would result in you having to create a salvage title for your "new" car since the VIN would be different (unless the junkyard can supply the title with the body). Not that I'm against that, I think it would be a great way to get a car going and it sounds like fun if you have the time to do it.

Good Luck!
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Mikal

Re: Mikals 92 Mazda Mx3 rs

Post by Mikal »

We are hopefully going to be able to get the title stuff organized then we need to get some way of transporting the mx3 from the junkyard to where we are going to swap it over. It turns out that this mx3 in the junkyard is also a 92 rs so I hope to get a camera soon to get some pics up.
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

update:
-Got other 1/2 of my key taken out of the ignition and new ones made.
-got title today.
-also got plates today.
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

new problem on the mx, filled up the gas tank tonight and found there is a small leak somewhere. Getting the car up on a ramp tomorrow to check how bad the hole is and if it's fixable or if a new tank is needed.
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

- New gas tank ordered
- Also will be getting title for the red mx3 from the junkyard, and will be swapping parts to it from the black one!
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

Well guys I think it was about time for me to give an update. The red mx3 fell through, so I'll be working with this one. Last week I changed the gas tank, will be getting the windshield resealed on monday most likely. I've been getting lots of stuff together, so I'll
show you guys what I got waiting for install.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

What do you mean by resealed? It sounds like something I need to do. I have unusual wind noise coming from the drivers side against the pillar. No water, though, just noise. Whats your process?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

I'm taking it down to a window place, they're going to test it first then find the leak. After that they take it off and reseal it.

Oh yah and they said $35 USD for that btw to give you a ballpark price of the cost.
Last edited by Mikal on May 22nd, 2008, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikal

Post by Mikal »

1. 17" bronze rims w/ silver trim

2. Subs & box (not quite finished yet)

3.Alpine iDA-X001

4.Pioneer 6 1/2 speakers (just bought sony xplodes in 5 1/4 but dind't take pics yet)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”