Cluster

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
snoupy_sun

Cluster

Post by snoupy_sun »

Hi everyone,

I have a 96 GS and it don't have the gaz light. I wonder if I can change my cluster for an older one with this light. And if i can do this, is it possible for me to change the KM because mine is like 105 000 km so i want to keep it real.

Thanks ! :wink:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Cluster

Post by Mooneggs »

more than likely it's just the light that is burnt out... if you can find another cluster you can just unscrew the bulb... :D
snoupy_sun

Post by snoupy_sun »

In fact, there is no space for the light. I didn't see it by my self, but some people told me that.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

If your in europe/uk - it is possible that your car didnt come with the "idiot" light. If thats the case - i think it is not just a matter of replacing cluster - you might have to hack the wiring harness a bit and possibly add a low level sensor element in addition to fuel level sender unit....
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

My Canadian '96 RS doesn't have the light.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Do you actually need the light bad enough to swap the gauge cluster? Doesn't seem worth the effort to me. You shouldn't let the tank run that low anyway.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
snoupy_sun

Post by snoupy_sun »

I'm from Montreal. I would like to have this light 'cause when i'm low in $$ it is very usefull ;) And i'm affraid to run out on gaz while i'm going to school. Also, i make a big scratch on my speed thing (uh.. in french we say : cadran) and i didn't find a nice one to replace it. Instead i thought it would be nice to replace it with a new cluster WITH a gaz light :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

ok does anyone have a close up pic of these clusters without a gas light? sorry I have just never heard of that before on an mx-3. :|
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

I've come accross a few threads on here about how the post '96's or Canadian models, or something to that effect did not have the gas light. Of course I can't find the posts now.
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Found a couple threads...

Low Fuel Light

Low Fuel Light
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
snoupy_sun

Post by snoupy_sun »

Mooneggs wrote:ok does anyone have a close up pic of these clusters without a gas light? sorry I have just never heard of that before on an mx-3. :|
do you really need a pic to figure out what it looks like ? it's the same cluster, but instead of the light, you have nothing there :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

snoupy_sun wrote: do you really need a pic to figure out what it looks like ? it's the same cluster, but instead of the light, you have nothing there :)
YES :x I like pictures

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”