is this a real klze ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
datmazdboi

is this a real klze ?

Post by datmazdboi »

i was lookin at this web site http://www.japanpowerinc.com/engine_det ... Mazda_KLZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i know the jdm and U.S motors look dangerously similar and i can't tell the difference but maybe u can
Selecta

Re: is this a real klze ?

Post by Selecta »

Tough to say without looking at the codes on the block it self
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

First impression is that based on the manifold this is a ZE from a Millenia. If I'm correct, it is technically a ZE but has KL01 cams, not the KL31 cams of a JDM MX-6 ZE. The horsepower rating is slightly lower, like 190 (I think), but no ZE was ever rated at 218 that I know of, so that tells me that their knowldge of these engines is not 100%.

But I'm no expert.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

To be completely sure I think check the code stamped on the motor will give the correct answer.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You need to take a look at the head codes to be sure. But I can tell you right now. That motor does not have EGR. So it is most likely definitly from Japan.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

just get one with a straight neck on it, that one has the one plug distributor which is jdm.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
datmazdboi

Post by datmazdboi »

what do u mean straight neck ??
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

that engine in the pictures has a curved neck intake manifold... a real KLZE has a straight neck intake manifold like the ones found on KLDE's. tell the importer that you want a straight neck KLZE with the head codes to be kl31-101 and kl31-1A1.

Here is a page to tell them apart:
http://www.geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KLZE's come in a curved neck to but its harder to tell if its a real ze without taking off the heads and checking the pistons. Thats why i say tell them to get you a Straight neck ze with those codes on the heads.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
datmazdboi

Post by datmazdboi »

thanks man that helped me out alot
another question wat ecu should i run ? should it be the jdm ecu a k8 chipped ecu or the de ecu
my car is a 92 .
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

k8 chipped is cheaper if you can do it yourself and it probably runs a lot better with it then the others.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”