Hi everyone! (Updated with pics!)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jhendrix

Hi everyone! (Updated with pics!)

Post by jhendrix »

Well, I just joined and figured i'd introduce myself (I hope this is the right place to do it?).

So, I got my 1993 MX-3 with the V6 off of eBay, for $186. Yeah, you read it right, $186.

The guy said that the car wouldn't turn on, and there was oil on the spark plugs and whatnot.
So, he figured something was blown or something so he decided to sell it.
My dad has been a mechanic for 30-something years so it was no big deal.

We get it back here, check it out and figure out that 4/6 are crossed and that they used really cheap plugs, so we take out the plugs, replace, and put everything back together right,change oil,and it fires right up. Also, the reason for oil in the spark plugs, someone didn't tighten down the valve cover tight enough :wink:

So, i'm 15, I get my license in 20 days, and this MX3 is my first car.

I really love this car alot. I will try and get some pics up soon..

Theres a few things,cosmetically, that need improving..but that will be taken care of soon enough 8)

Here is my list of what I hope to get done to it, hopefully soon.
(In no certain order)

New Wheels/tires (Has stock wheels now)
Paint (I'm hoping to go for a dark blue)
"Indiglo" Glow Gauges (Cheap but awesome)
Tint Windows
New front bumper (Has crack straight down middle, and the lip on the bottom is hanging down)
Leather Seats
Side Skirts (Haven't decided which ones yet..)

Like I said, I'll try and get some pictures up soon, as of now it's not much to look at, but i'm hoping to get it lookin' good soon enough!
There is alot of helpful information about these little cars in these boards, Thanks!!
Last edited by jhendrix on January 10th, 2008, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Custommx3 »

Wow, gratz on the deal! Welcome to mx-3.com..
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

what a price! congrats..

I just replaced my sparkplugs the other night and oil in them too... :x
*Maya
1993 Honda Del Sol Si 1.6 Vtec
1993 Mx-3 RS, Fresh Black Paint, Black Altezzas, K&N Air Filter
1995 Mx-3 RS - RIP
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

Thanks! 8)

I'm about to go out right now and clean it up some more, and i'll take some pics if it's still light enough. :D
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

Alright, I got a couple of pics, but..be warned, the pictures SUCK, it was getting dark so I couldn't use flash without it looking like crap, and I have not washed it yet, so...these are basically just teaser pics. Also, the wheels on it are just some that my uncle was going to use on his Civic and they didn't fit so they have just been laying around, so I just put them on to see if they fit and they did..so I just have them on there for now.

ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Good job on getting such a good deal for your first car. My MX-3 is my first *good* car and I'm still paying it off a year and a half later. Looks like that car will definitely benefit from a new paint job, looks like its pealing a bit... either that or its just the flash from the camera.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

ElectricEnergy wrote:Good job on getting such a good deal for your first car. My MX-3 is my first *good* car and I'm still paying it off a year and a half later. Looks like that car will definitely benefit from a new paint job, looks like its pealing a bit... either that or its just the flash from the camera.
Well, that side isn't peeling any..I call it the good side. :lol:

The other side however, has some peeling above the door, and the door itself has ALOT of chips.

And, the front...it is pretty chipped up..as in..REALLY chipped up.

So yes, it will definitely benefit from paint. :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

holy smokes that mx-3 is in super shape for the price you paid! welcome! :shock:
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

Mooneggs wrote:holy smokes that mx-3 is in super shape for the price you paid! welcome! :shock:
Thanks man. :D
Hey, I sent you a PM about the Bumper/Lip, I was just wondering if you got it? :?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I got the PM and the lip is definately pending to someone else, but I've still got the bumper but I really don't know how I will ship it... it's huge!
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

Mooneggs wrote:yeah I got the PM and the lip is definately pending to someone else, but I've still got the bumper but I really don't know how I will ship it... it's huge!
Oh well it's cool!
Main thing I was looking for was the lip, mine is hanging/cracked/chipped, and not in very good condition at all..and the bumper is pretty chipped up too, so I figured i'd replace them both.

But, i'll probably just buy an aftermarket bumper..I just have to find one that doesn't stand out too much.

Thanks!
I'm about to go out in a bit to get some pictures of the interior. :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah probably a good idea since it will probably cost more than what you paid for the car LOL good luck!

MazdaSpeed bumpers don't stand out too much but I'm not sure where you could buy one...
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Welcome to the board and congrats on a great deal!
Image -Jim
jhendrix

Post by jhendrix »

Thanks!

Alright, well I went out and got some better pictures, and some of the interior. As you can see, it is in good need of a paint job, but that's no big deal. The interior is rather clean, so i'm happy. I will probably wash it and give it a wax to see if I can bring a little life back to the paint. :)

On to the pics!

(My $10 Wal-Mart Seat covers) :)

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Hi everyone! (Updated with pics!)

Post by umcamara »

Well worth what you paid for it. If your mechanically inclined at all, you may want to look into the ATX to MTX swap. There's a lot of info on here about that, and many other things.

Welcome!! :werd:

P.S. *Mooneggs* You changed your avatar. Something just doesn't seem right. Careful, you may open up some kinda wormhole or something.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”