no heat

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hockey16

no heat

Post by hockey16 »

i replaced thermostat and my water pump has small leak in it have heat for a couple of days then all of a sudden no heat i think i might have air in system ho to bleed out
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Better replace that water pump! Leaking means it is ready to go.
No more MX-3.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Your 'no heat' situation is likely caused by the lack of circulation of coolant through the heater core cause you're losing it through the weep hole in your water pump. The bearing is on the way out dude. You answered your own question in this thread. :lol:
Cody
Highbody

Post by Highbody »

what happens if the heat is on but only cool air comes out... but when i drive the heat gets warm?
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Highbody wrote:
the heat gets warm

High.... Warm heat... Is your username too honest?

What's your situation highbody? Are you losing coolant? Is this when the motor is already warmed up?[/quote]
Last edited by tehbrookzorz on December 27th, 2007, 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cody
Highbody

Post by Highbody »

eather way... if i start the car and let it run for a while the heat will be luke warm.. but if i start driving then the heater will blow hot... but if i come to a stop again the heat goes back to luke warm again
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I kind of wonder if the impeller on your water pump is worn out (I've seen pictures of a water pump that looked... not like a water pump), but I'd hate to say pull it out only to find that it's not the problem. Replacing the water pump is a big job on this car. Maybe there is a blockage in the cooling system or heater core, or an air lock. I would make sure the coolant level is topped up and the air bled out, and that there are no leaks, then go from there.
Cody
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

meh my heat is not working as well... :(
Methanoxide

Post by Methanoxide »

I had a similar issue it would always blow warm air and never quite heat up up like my previous vehicles.

I sourced the problem to the pipe hanging half way off the blower motor, passenger might have inadvertently kicked it off... Blows really hot now!

Check up under the passenger side foot well at the blower motor and make sure everything is hooked up securely.
Highbody

Re: no heat

Post by Highbody »

i flushed the system and the water pump just got changed when i did the timing belt... both didnt solve the problem... Im swapping out my broken dashboard this weekend... ill poke around under there...

Just so i know the blower motor is over neer the ecu? or is it over neer the Ac stuff?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I believe its under/behind te glovebox.

What year is your car..
if your slider on your HVACS is broken or strteched, it wont turn the "flap" that swaps from cool to heat.

Read the online manual for locations of the cables.
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

just replace water pump, i just had to do this ,and while your at it do the timing belt and kit also if you have the extra cash throw a underdrive pulley on there as well!
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
Highbody

Post by Highbody »

Highbody wrote:i flushed the system and the water pump just got changed when i did the timing belt... both didnt solve the problem...
its a 92 ... ill tinker aound under there and see whats happining... hpefully i can find it before the really cold weather hits...
Highbody

Post by Highbody »

i looked around under there today and didnt notice anything abnormal... i dont understand why it blows cold at idol... could it be my heater core?
exile84

Post by exile84 »

It could be that your heater core is clogged. When moving you may just be getting heat from the engine bay coming through the firewall somewhere. Try taking out the core, and having it blown out. Just a thought. :D
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”