Keep the Factory Color or what.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
elliottferrell

Keep the Factory Color or what.

Post by elliottferrell »

I've owned my 93 special edition with Raspberry Metallic Paint for a few years now. The car is in need of a new paint job and i have a huge question. Should I go with the factory raspberry metallic again or should i paint the car to whatever i like? any comments would be great.
93 Special Edition MX-3, 17-inch enkel rims, Infinity 6x9's custom in back armrests, cold-air, and of course some killer paint chips...
91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4, Borla exhaust, Kenwood 7inch, Eagle F-1 rubbers.. Sunday Driving only....
85 Jeep CJ7, stroked 258... 3 inch life with 33's... all the goodies to get muddy.... and i get to ride "topless"
solo_ryder

Re: Keep the Factory Color or what.

Post by solo_ryder »

Depends on what you like lol. Go white, black or gunmetal metallic
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I like the oem blue creek mica or a gunmetal color on the mx-3.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Is money no object or do ya know the cost difference to paint it a dif color instead of stock? Changing the color drastically means the engine bay paint won't match and same with door jambs, trunk hatch jamb etc. unless they get painted the new color too. Factory raspberry is a little too pink IMO. Maybe compromise and go with something a little darker color but close enough to the original color hue that your door jamb areas etc. wouldn't have to also be painted. That's what I'm considering when I get my factory white MX-3 repainted next year.
Image -Jim
elliottferrell

Post by elliottferrell »

no money is not really an object. But i'm a poor college kid still. I've definitely considering going black and also a darker shade of raspberry. I hate to say that the car has been sitting outside for the last couple of years and the sun and weather has done quite a toll on the clear coat. Especially on the hood and passenger door. What other color's do you think would really set the car off?
93 Special Edition MX-3, 17-inch enkel rims, Infinity 6x9's custom in back armrests, cold-air, and of course some killer paint chips...
91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4, Borla exhaust, Kenwood 7inch, Eagle F-1 rubbers.. Sunday Driving only....
85 Jeep CJ7, stroked 258... 3 inch life with 33's... all the goodies to get muddy.... and i get to ride "topless"
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

id say like a orange /red two tone , just my 2 cents

Return to “Appearance”