Power stearing/ Front rack

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Flinch

Power stearing/ Front rack

Post by Flinch »

Is there a front rack for the KLZE that i could swap with to get rid of power stearing? i want to loose the power stearing because its going on my car and i dont feel like dealing with it in all honesty.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
GreenMachine

Re: Power stearing/ Front rack

Post by GreenMachine »

your power steering rack is vehicle specific, not motor specific. If you are tired of dealing with it all together, you can remove the pump and lines, then loop the rack into itself. To do this you can just cut the 2 power steering lines very close to the rack and connect them together. Then you can remove all the lines and resivor. Next you would be removing the pump from the block. If you remove the pump you will need a pulley to run the water pump off of the crankshaft. I took the power steering tensioner and ordered a grooved pulley to replace the non grooved one on the tensioner. then wrap the belt from crank to water pump to tensioner.

It can be done but steering becomes a lot more difficult and no real power gain or weight loss achieved. Its not really worth it. If you still want to do it tho I can sell you the grooved pulley and belt real cheap once I get my power steeringput back on.

-Chris
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ideally, if you can find one, is to swap out a manual rack from a 323
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

^^^^
and then that defeats the purpose of the great steering the GS has because it comes from the rack
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”