bwoooOOOOOEEEE..... PSHHHHHHHT!!!!! Pics Inside!!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

It was me I dealt with just intercoolers before , I won an auction with no reserve , I got a VW GOLF turbo kit cheap , they tried to tell me that they miscounted their stock , so they couldnt sell me the kit , that was after they refunded my money without even notifying me first , I followed up and said that I would wait it wouldnt be a problem ,they said they will no longer carry that kit anymore ?

So , yeah that was pretty crappy
Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
se7en

Post by se7en »

okay, new prob maybe......

My exhaust smells kinda nice(sweet) when I run boost.

(it's not the coolant type of sweet, different than that, and only under boost)

I kinda like it, but I am wondering if it is normal????

nothing is rubbing/burning on the pipes either because I checked really close on the lift at work.

what could it be? just rich boosted exhaust smell??

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Were the pipes or anything shipped in a film or oil that can be potentially burning off ?

Are you Sure it's not coolant ? you could have a drip ?
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

its completely normal. its either the chrome burning (turning into a golden color) or the hot oil smell i guess. mine has that smell. its sweet. Not like burned oil. just something sweet hot.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, it's going away now.

btw: now my car has the wideband installed..... no more 7psi for me until I get those millenia S injectors in the mail.

It went right off the scale when I was boosting(lean) so that's not good.

it idles right at 14.7(stoic) so that's good I guess.

under normal acceleration, it gets 12:1 ish give or take .5 or so.

but under boost, crazy lean. :(

I need to get the walbro 255 too I think.

man, if it has that much power when lean like that, it will be crazy when I get it tuned better!

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

wow man.... your set up looks very similar to mine.... brings a tear to my eye to know that people look at my set up for referance .... lol .... congrats brotha.... just dont turn into a boost abuser because our motors dont like those kind of people... lol
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

he has a k8, hes good to roll! lol it blows, klde time, i dont suggest klze for boost. Im happy with my millenia de :D no pop yet.. YET..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

my klze on 3 lbs still running good... NO POP yet but ill knock on wood for that....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

3psi is nothing compared to 5 psi or 7 psi (what this guy is running!)

ge the inj and UP the boost!! w00t!! Im bumping the boost next week when i get my replacement turbo. :D cmon your car will thank you!
-hec

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

hgallegos915 wrote: cmon your car will thank you!
or cry for sweet mercy :roll:
!vtec-this!

Re: bwoooOOOOOEEEE..... PSHHHHHHHT!!!!! Pics Inside!!!!

Post by !vtec-this! »

damn thats a rigid setup but hey as long as it stays together thats all that really matter i guess.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
se7en

Post by se7en »

heh, not to worry, I fixed all the weird stuff. I will get more pics later.

That was just to get the car running because I had to drive to work the next day :)

Now it is much better.

btw: has anyone here used a TURBOSMART wastegate before?

that is what I have ordered.

also, what do you think, will my k8 live with 7psi and 220cc injectors with the FMU?

I will be buying a MSnS next month, but what do ya think? it doesn't seem to get lean on me....and no audible detonation so far.

thanks

My Feedback
XxantwawnxX

Re:

Post by XxantwawnxX »

hgallegos915 wrote:3psi is nothing compared to 5 psi or 7 psi (what this guy is running!)

ge the inj and UP the boost!! w00t!! Im bumping the boost next week when i get my replacement turbo. :D cmon your car will thank you!

I bet my Ze on 7 pounds will beat ur de on 7 pounds tee hee : ) :love2:

oh and congrats seven

oh and if u can hear the detonation its probably already to late. I have no idea if 220's and an fmu will be good for the k8.
Last edited by XxantwawnxX on December 31st, 2007, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
se7en

Post by se7en »

congrats for what? getting my crap running?? :D
My Feedback
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

se7en wrote:congrats for what? getting my crap running?? :D

haha indeed :freak:

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “Forced Induction”