94-96 klze swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
import_fan7
Supporting Member

94-96 klze swap

Post by import_fan7 »

gonna buy a v6 mx3,getting sick of the slowness in my 4 cyl,just wondering how hard the klze swap is for the 94-96 models i plan on getting one of them and doin the swap thanks, and sorry as well the search function wont search for anything i put in!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Re: 94-96 klze swap

Post by ScooterBovine »

Most people here will say DO NOT GO FROM 4 CYLINDER TO 6 CYLINDER. The work would be rather tremendous, unless you have a GS parts car lying around... Even then, you are looking at a lot of work. Most here would just say to do a BP Swap, which gives similar, if not superior, results.
No more MX-3.
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Oh, ignore my post. I read yours wrong. I thought you were going to try a swap into your 4 cylinder. Didn't see you were going to just buy a V6 MX-3.

The swap is not that hard. It's pretty much a straight drop in, depending on your intake manifold design and some other small factors. Plenty of information can be found on the website. Here's a quick link:

http://www.mx-3.com/swap/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No more MX-3.
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Just don't get a '96 model. They have the obd2 system in them and you can't use teh kl31/36 ecu without changing it to obd1.

If you are planning to go to a standalone setup, you would be okay to get the '96 because you would just have to tap into you harness and it won't matter what obd system you have. If it was me I would stay away from the '96 anyway and that way you could use the klze ecu or the standalone.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

if you bpt swap your car, ill trade u for my millenia ze turbo mx3. If i would have had a 4 cyl, my story would have been so different and much faster :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

lol ..thanks for the offer..ive thought of doin the bpt but i have the 95model and i herd its alot harder to do the swap with the dohc then the sohc un less im wrong??? anyway thanks all once again for your input it all does help!! :D
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

oh and if i find an v6 and decide to get it ill make sure ill stay away from the 96 model....that leaves me with 2 model years to find lol..dont want 92-93 i like the new style dash better and dont want the pain of swapping dashes!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”