probinator chipped ecu

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
zoomzoommx

probinator chipped ecu

Post by zoomzoommx »

were do you find the eprom numbers off the inside of a K8 ecu
(a picture wold do wonders but if you want to explain it will be sufficient.) my gs is getting a new ze put in it this week and want my ecu chipped by probinator, he says only some can be so i should send him my eprom numbers of the inside of ecu. but wont answer me were they are. can anyone help me out.
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

nvm i guess. i figgured it out. you have to take off the top panel(side with the k8 sticker on it) then remove the 4 skrews holding the board on. flip it over and its the only eprom with a stckker and a number ######-####
in that sort of fasion.
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Is this a scam or something? Seems way too cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Pro ... dZViewItem
No more MX-3.
Xtremethings

Post by Xtremethings »

ScooterBovine wrote:Is this a scam or something? Seems way too cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Pro ... dZViewItem
It may not work in your ECU if you have a K801. I have done the chip mod on a couple of K801 ECUs and they wouldn't run the car afterwards. I had to replace the original EEPROM for it to run correctly.
That is just my two cents worth - but what can you buy for two cents these days anyway?
Highbody

Post by Highbody »

theres a new one out that actually has a pic of a probe on it.. and they sell the whole ecu for 150 is that a decent price?

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”