1 1/2 DIN Stereo

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

1 1/2 DIN Stereo

Post by ScooterBovine »

I'm trying to find some nice 1 1/2 DIN aftermarket stereos for my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I've only found 2 Pioneer stereos, but I think they look hideous.

I need 3 preamps (front, back, and subwoofer), and MP3 playing capabilities. iPod connection/USB a plus.

If anyone knows where I can find something like this (Crutchfield only has 2 total), I would appreciate it if you shared your knowledge!

Thanks!
No more MX-3.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

if you are looking for something different (and not a brand name)
check here http://www.mp3playerstore.com/

Alpine has some 1.5 dins. But they are alpine so they are not that pretty but work amazing. You may have to find them at smaller stores like this one http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=CDAD853

as they are discontinued. :cry:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Why don't you just buy a 1 DIN and cover the other half with plastic. It seems like I have seen a conversion for that... That way you could get a 1 DIN...
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Those Pioneers are about all you'll find ..... the DEHP47 and DEHP77 ...... they look old because they are. They've been the exact same model since 2000. There's not a whole lot of market for them as most people just get dashkits to fill the hole. But I think the old Pioneers look better in the dash than a dashkit and a new stereo. It will also have less theft risk since they're more stock looking. They don't have any of the frills like new CD players like iPod or MP3 playback, but they're extremely well built. I put a DEHP47 in my mother's old car several years back. It sounded better than any deck I've ever installed without an outboard amp.
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Yeah, I was just trying to avoid those dash kits. My experience in the past is that they look like complete crap. I think I am going with the Pioneer deck, you can have an adapter that connects your iPod to it, and it has 3 preamps, so that should be sufficient for my needs.

Thanks for the help folks.
No more MX-3.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Yes, that unit does at least have the IP-Bus connection in the back to let you add on some add-on units like I-Pod or XM, it just doesn't have any built in options.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”