The strange places KLZE's turn up

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectricEnergy

The strange places KLZE's turn up

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I was just randomly googling KLZE stuff since I plan to order mine up in a couple weeks and found this on another forum.

http://www.offroadvw.net/bajawes/V6_baj ... /index.htm

I didn't realize these motors were so popular.... or had that type of potential. thought you guys might find it interesting.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Thats a repost
But interesting
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Doh, sorry!
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow I had not seen these before... the KLZE is a beast when turned sideways with that turbo setup :shock:

maybe it was a repost but I missed the first post lol so it's new to me!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

try to get the straight neck ze btw.. lol

or do a compression test (warm) after u install to make sure its a real ze.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Yeah, I'll definitely be careful buying my ZE. I actually came across an mx-6 parts car that has had the swap done. I might go take a look at it in the next couple days to see if its worth it. The engine as only been in there 2 months, but it was written off in a front end collision.

I'll check the head codes, make sure its a straight neck and shine a light down the plug holes to make sure the pistons are flat.

I've got a bunch of questions, but instead of polluting this thread I'll just do a few searches.
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

thats cool, me and my dad are classic beetle enthusiasts (spellcheck) but i had never even considered dropping a KL into a bug
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

SWEET

That three (3) KLZE's MX-3's in saskatoon. Man we are just rippin the place up! And then 93_4banger has his rediculous BPT.

Let me know when you got one!
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Yep, I'm excited.

I gave JDMSource in Calgary a call, and for some reason they charge an extra 200 for the ZE if your Canadian? wtf? Thats not as bad as the extra 1000 they charge for an SR20 if your located in Canada :p

I'm going to give this guy with the wrecked mx-6 a call in about half an hour.... it looks promising. Comes with lots of goodies too.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Mooneggs wrote:wow I had not seen these before... the KLZE is a beast when turned sideways with that turbo setup :shock:

maybe it was a repost but I missed the first post lol so it's new to me!
Lol noob!! :lol:

Theres a forum out there that has the blueprints and files to have the parts made by a shop so you can install these, the klze and the scooby doo wrx motor are some popular swaps in bugs
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Would be fun to drop one in a Porsche 914.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

I love that Miata with the ze. What a ball that car would be. I'm loving the appearance of the vintage ferrari-ish intake manifold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”