Mx got hit, need hood & bumper

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Mx got hit, need hood & bumper

Post by 2fazed »

I just got hit this morning. My hood got dented and my front bumper was hit in the middle, so it's all crunched up. I was reading the posts and was confused about somethings. Front bumper, front lip, front bumper cover, front spoiler, is all of these different bumpers or just different names. My car is a white 93 RS and I'm in California, so if there is anybody selling these parts that I can drive to, please let me know.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
JasonH

Re: Mx got hit, need hood & bumper

Post by JasonH »

Front spoiler and front lip are the same thing: the thing at the bottom of the front of the car on a GS. Your RS probably doesn't have one.<p>Front bumper cover is the actual painted skin and probably the part you need.<p>Front bumper should refer to the metal beam behind the cover, but somebody might have been talking about the cover.
MX-3 for Me

Post by MX-3 for Me »

awe, apparently its bad luck day for mx-3's as my best friends just got hit too! and needs a new bumper, right head light, hood and right fender- the body shop quoted her $2500!!! insanity.
good luck with your ride.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

If my bumper cover was dented, then I will need both, the cover and bumper? I can see a white hard plastic looking piece behind the cover, I couldn't get it to move, maybe that was the bumper?
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

the white pice is the bumper and i have a bumper cover, right fender adn headlight e-mail me if u r interested. thanx
TLinkletter

Post by TLinkletter »

I've got a bumpercover that I'm willing to sell. e-mail me if interested at tlinkletter@hotmail.com
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Thanks everybody. I took it off and was able to pop it out, Can't hardly notice it, just some minor flaws in the grille part. I think I'm going to part the car, money for that and insurance can buy me a new one.
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
john willmon

Post by john willmon »

this must have been more then a bad day, it must have been a bad week, because my mx3 got hit a few days ago. it went under the bumper of a large SUV, missed most of my bumper and went straight for the hood. it broke one of the teeth off of the hood latch any suggestions on the best place to find a replacement? i havent tried the junk yards around yet. but need to get it done soon so i can take the bungee cords and rope off my hood.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

The place I usually go "MazdaRecycling" don't have a hood or bumper. If I decide to fix it, I definetly need a hood, I might go with an aftermarket bumper cover though. Redding, not much up there, as I've heard. Maybe Oregon has something
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”