My $300 RS

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
1992blazeredgs

My $300 RS

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I picked up this RS for $300 bucks. It only has 102k on the motor, and seems to be in very good shape. I bought it in a non running state, and it cost me $40 to get it running. What do you guys think?

Its parked next to my gs in the pictures.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

i think ima call the cops cuz u stole that car lol, nice deal it has an excellent body from the pics, in fact it looks identical to my GS except its in better shape. i would loose my damn mind if i found another MX3 that cheap
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

what was wrong with it..

thats a damn good deal...
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

If you check out my post in the 4cyl section, it has an "overheating" problem. Atleast the guage is saying it is overheating, but i know for a fact it isnt. The previous owner has cut the timing belt off to try and get at the water pump. So it wasnt running and the guy wanted it gone since he didnt have the time to work on it.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

That really is a steal! I got my 93 RS for $1600 with a busted auto tranny back in 2004 and I thought that was good!

Nice deal!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

$300? WTF wow.

Some people get really lucky.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Nice find! :2thumbsup: that is a good deal.
:)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

WOW :shock: that's not bad for $340 total and it's running - in fact that's just downright amazing...

one man's ignorance turns into another man's gain!
murdamellz

Mx-3

Post by murdamellz »

I had posted previously a while back with a poll to see if I should have gotten this 1992 GS with some problems, vs fixing my RS that needs a headgasket replaced and decided to go with both! The paint job on the GS I bought is bad, but the body condition is good and it shifts great, it needs a headjob probably since the thing overheated (an oldman owned it for 5 years, only put 26,000 miles on it since driving it, and kept up with the maintenance, over $3500 in maintenance records he gave me with the car) But one day his headgasket blew and he drove 35 miles home and parked it. Its got an awful miss, sounds pretty bad, but I'm not concerned with the K8 unless it is an easy fix or temporary fix to at least get it moving without spending much money on the k8 that could have head damage, cuz i won't have the KLZE for quite a while :( I'm thinking months and months or if I get a good bonus at work. For $400.00 do you guys think I got a good deal? If so or if not, what would your next move be in terms of piecing together this future KLZE beast? I am thinking about getting new wheel bearings all around The left rear wheel has quite a bit of play when you pull it. what other little things would I probably need? Heres some pics. On second thought, pics tomorrow I'm exhausted! Good buy on your RS man!
[/img]
Savin

Post by Savin »

did you get that local?!?!?! wow....i wish i woulda saw that. you got yourself a quailty find. i guess it doesnt count that i got mine for free though....if you refer to my thread in the 4 cylinder performance/ maintanence thingy, that'll explain it. it was my mom's though. i "thieved" it from her haha. but with intent to give her my thunderbird once i ever finish it.....

back to topic! congratz on the find! i love it! i just wanna know where you got it from, lol
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Good deal , nice find , goodluck with the new car
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

nice price!
I got my first gs for 400 and it was immaculate but thats what friends are for!
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”