[WTB] IAC Valve (Idle Air Control Valve)

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

[WTB] IAC Valve (Idle Air Control Valve)

Post by umcamara »

'96 MTX RS. Looking for an idle air control valve for the B6 DOHC throttle body. I believe mine is sticking, and not allowing my idle to come down when I coast to a stop.

Thanks.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

They all do that man. Even the ATX cars do it. My brothers 92 RS (SOHC), My 92 GS, and my 94 RS all do that. When I first bought my 94 RS.. I thought the same thing.. hence the reason I did that whole throttle body clean up and adjustment FAQ. But, whenever I am applying my brakes or even slow coasting to a stop.. the RPMs are around 1000-1200 or so.. As soon as I come to a complete stop.. and the car "Rests" (Dunno how else to describe the full stop feeling) The idle drops down to the normal curb idle speed around 750-850 Rpms. The only MX-3 I have been in that didnt do that.. had a blown tranny and couldnt move under its own power LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

If you're looking for a replacement, I have one I can throw at you.

Whole throttle body, or just the IAC?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Tunes67 wrote:They all do that man. Even the ATX cars do it. My brothers 92 RS (SOHC), My 92 GS, and my 94 RS all do that.
Yeah, we talked about that issue. The present issue is a bit different. It still does the thing where it idles high while the vehicle is coasting. However, now even when the car comes to a complete stop, the idle doesn't go back down to normal. What I do to get the idle to return to normal is apply the brake, put the car in gear and let out the clutch until it grabs a bit. Once I do this, the idle goes back down to where it should be, and stays there.

I've got a brand new oem air intake hose, done the throttle body clean-up & TPS adjustment to spec. I know that there is no vacuum leak between the maf and the throttle body. I'm guessing that the IAC Valve is sticking.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
sinjin

Post by sinjin »

hey SuperK, if no one else takes you up on the IAC offer I may be interested. since my new header back exhaust setup i've had an issue with an unusually high idle speed. i noticed the IAC pumping with the ignition in accessory position (not started), took the throttle body apart and cleaned it all up as well as the IAC. no more pumping, but i've pretty much choked the throttle as low as possible to keep the idle at a more acceptable 1100-1400rpm range.

tonight i'll try some timing and idle adjustments, a new TPS is on it's way from ebay. if you still have it and i determine that i need one, i'd be happy to drive up and get that IAC (I live in north marietta). :D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I found out mine is not for the B6 DOHC... it's for a 93 model, but I'm not sure if it's the v6 or the sohc...

I don't know if that's what you're needing.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

Unplug it and adjust idle and be done with it. Warm up car and turn on all accessories plus have someone apply brakes and clutch then adjust idle. It might be alittle high at stops but mine sits right around 1000. No more up and down idle.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sinjin

Post by sinjin »

@ SuperK - that's cool i have a GS V6. If you're coming to the MOCA meet this week do you think you could bring it along so i can take a look at it? i'd definitely appreciate it!

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”