From Mx3 To Stang!!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mx3grlsikride

From Mx3 To Stang!!!

Post by mx3grlsikride »

So I made a huge jump....after my mx3 was totaled in June....I had to buy a new car....I had no thoughts as to what I wanted....I just wanted my mx3 back :( I ended up buying a Convertible Mustang which I have already done a major amount of work to. Just thought I would share pics with you guys. I will always miss my mx3 and am thinking about getting another one. Have to finish my domestic project first though!!!

Here is the love of my life!!! I am definately jealous of all you who still have an mx3....by far.....my fav car EVER!!!!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm sorry you lost the mx-3... I'm not sure what I would do in that situation... at least you've found something else you can customize...

why didn't you try to find another mx-3???
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

nice stang.... what have you all done to it?
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

nice mustang, Your mx3 was one of best ones on here definitely. Check out my Cobra sometime.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

In all honesty, when I had the accident, I WAS NOT thinking of another Mx3...mine was my baby and my life and I put soo much time into it. I knew I was going to be modded another car...but to do another mx3? I always had this one to compare too and I dont think I could have went through it all again. I thought I would try and conquer a new world lol

So far.....I have a 302/5.0L motor which has a matching Tremec 6 spd. transmission and carbon fiber drive shaft to convert it into a V8. Full wiring harness and PCM. 8.8 custom built rear end/axle w/Auburn pro diff, strange 28 spline axels, SVO diff cover, 3:73 FRPP gear fully powder coated. Griggs racing upper and lower control arms. Torque arm. Tein suspension. Ikon Staggered rims....Gucci Interior....Vinvyl graphics, Black projectors, Bumper Inserts. I could be here awhile. Thats the majority of it. I have alot of new stuff coming in over the winter. I have many plans for this car. I have to keep my mind of the mx3 :wink: and attempt to build a bigger and badder car. I have to admit, one thing is this car is WAY easier to work on then the mx3 ever was!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Wow...You got some pretty sick plans for the new car. its gunna be nice when fully completed. Good luck!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I do not see where the huge jump is... I liked your MX, you should try and get another one. Looks like you did abit to the stang already. 8)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Are you sponsored? If not your giving away free advertisement, i guess you'll spend the money to make them money:) in all honesty i have to say you went from Nice (mx-3) to Rice (mustang) loose the stickers
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

I am the Director for Sweetie Girl Racing. The stickers on my car are my Full Team Sponsors...meaning that they cover the cost of all of our shows, events and team outings. So, technically it is not free advertising. Also I have my own independent sponsorships with this companies aside from the team. Trust me, this is a business for me and I know how the scene works.

On a side note, I do not feel at all that the mustang is rice. My car is now used as the car representing my team and a promotional vehicle of sorts. Apparently you do not attend alot of car shows, as this is the current trend in the car show world. The car scene is like fashion, it changes drastically every year. This car has gotten me ten times the amount of exposure in 2 shows then I ever got with the mx3. Bothers me to say since the mx3 was HOT (lol) but no one in the scene was ever that interested in mx3's whether it be through sponsorships or promotions. Trust me I heard it all, the car is too old, no one knows what it is, its slow, urgh how I used to hate those sayings.

Everyone has their own opinions about how cars look. You may feel that my car is rice....but in the tuner world it is not. I used to hear that my mx3 was rice.....opinions are what they are...opinions.

Big Jump??? hahah 5 years of driving and modding a 4cyl mx3 to driving a RWD Stang.....too me that is a big leap. The domestic world is sooo much easier then the Japanese World. Everything from driving it....too modding it is different. 4 months of the Stang and I'm still trying to master my skills with her on the track. She doesnt corner well, its like driving a tank...thats all stuff that I mean by a big jump.

deanna_s4
BANNED Member

Post by deanna_s4 »

Mnemonic wrote:Are you sponsored? If not your giving away free advertisement, i guess you'll spend the money to make them money:) in all honesty i have to say you went from Nice (mx-3) to Rice (mustang) loose the stickers
First of all bud...let's just start with the obvious, please learn how to use the difference between "loose" and "lose" properly :)

Seondly, Rice, by definition; does that not apply to Japanese made cars? Last time I checked, Mustangs are domestic. Not only are they domestics, but the comment that she should "loose" the stickers (LOL), have you ever seen a Mustang with decals in your life? Ford manufactures Mustangs to come with "racing stripes" and other such things that fill out the car.
I am not quite sure how you can describe a car as "rice" due to fact that vinlys are on the car. I am not sure how you have made that, in any way, relative to the term "rice".

Again, wouldn't the mx-3 be more closely related to the term "rice"?

And free sponsorship for companies? Are you just trying to be funny? Because I'm not sure I quite understand the statement. Do you still have your Mazda logos on your car? Maybe you should approach Mazda and ask them for a sponsorship because otherwise that's free advertisement, no? I have a sticker on my Audi that says H&R springs...I don't give a crap if it's "free advertising", that is in fact a product that I have used on my car. Whether or not I put their sticker on my car, will not reflect economically on the company.
Do you own any clothes with their product label on it (such as Nike)? Then you should also approach those companies and ask for sponsorships for maybe your feet!

The one thing I CAN NOT respect in people, are those who come on to these things and rag on other people's decisions and choices. Having an opinion is one thing, but speaking in a way that you are the all knowing one and stating things as fact when you have no idea what the siuation is (being that she is the director of a car establishment), is pretty pretentious of you.
deanna_s4
BANNED Member

Post by deanna_s4 »

Mnemonic wrote:Are you sponsored? If not your giving away free advertisement, i guess you'll spend the money to make them money:) in all honesty i have to say you went from Nice (mx-3) to Rice (mustang) loose the stickers
And just to reiterate about your statement that "if not your giving away free advertisement, i guess you'll spend the money to make them money :) "...cute smiley face but, again...take the Mazda logo off your car then. Because did you or did you not just spend money to buy the Mazda and are now making Mazda money as a company?

Honestly, I think you should really start using the method of thinking before stating anything, especially when you state it as fact.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

deanna_s4 wrote:The one thing I CAN NOT respect in people, are those who come on to these things and rag on other people's decisions and choices. Having an opinion is one thing, but speaking in a way that you are the all knowing one and stating things as fact when you have no idea what the siuation is (being that she is the director of a car establishment), is pretty pretentious of you.
Um... isn't that you have done? Ragged on Jnumonik for his opinion?
He posted his opinion, and you bash him for it? Would you not think that if someone posts pictures that they may be looking for responses? If not, why would someone even post? This may be your friends car, but this is an MX-3 site, not an Audi site. Do you own an MX-3? If you came on this forum to bash other's opinions, you will be removed.

Theres a HUGE difference between putting decals on your car, and driving around with the brand name of the car thats installed from the factory.

BTW, this "Domestic" car manufacturer.. owns the company that produced the MX-3.

I'm usually not one to bash, but you joined this forum to bash someone for their opinion, yet you are doing the same.

IMO, if you do not want negative feedback, do not post it. Most people have some sort of board at car shows listing mods, instead of putting them on thier car. I dont know carshows where you live, but thats not the "in thing" at any car show around here. Honestly, the local racers forum takes pictures, posts them, and makes fun of cars with decals all over them. I am not calling anyone rice btw.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

1st question was Are you sponsored, you answered the question so therefore the 2nd part to that response is null and void because the stickers have meaning.

And to thinking your car is rice, well it is my opinion, you can take it how you like, i gave you props on your mx-3, but i don't like what you've done with the mustang plain and simple, the wheels where they might be nice they don't set the car off, sorry they don't. You have 3 colors all competing Silver Black Pink, well heres the problem you have 3 colors competing with each others, i understand using a bright color as a form to enhance the way a car looks, but you've got pink pin striping all over the damn place in fact its to much! Also your stickers are not even relevant in shape or size, where's the balance at? one side of the car is heavier with bigger stickers than the other, maybe you should of scaled them down so they would of been a bit more balanced? its not like other people who are sponsored haven't done it and it turns out looking nice. then again these are my opinions. But deanna your right i screwed up I gave a comment and not constructive criticism.

Also Deanna i mean come on you ran onto our forum just to post this s---? You b---- me out for bashing someone but you come on here and bash me? Your funny lol

Take the mazda logo off my car, well it was already in the works to be debadged theres a difference though between a badge and a sticker. I'm still a mazda enthusiast and will tell anyone who asks what kind of car it is, if they ask i will tell them what is on it. But will I put a sticker on my car that someone has not paid me or helped me in some way NO I had moca stickers on my car in 2 places, Moca the car club I'm apart of sponsors all its members in that we help each other, and for that I'll put there sticker on my car.

Stating facts WHEN DID I STATE ANY FACTS? Maybe you have me confused with someone else, i understand if you do, your not a member of this board, so you might be confused with who your quoting cause i never stated any facts, i stated an opinion. I mean I'm flattered that you take my opinion as a fact, really i am Thank you, your just as gullible as most of the other people out there.

Ok your right Rice did start with Japanese cars so i will change what i called it, Its no longer rice, cause i don't want to disrespect Japaneses peeps, instead I'm calling it Uncle Ben's, cause seriously it look like you put it together in a minute. I mean it took 4 years on the mx-3, and you said its a lot easier to work on the mustang:

that being said, i've stated my peace, you have no rights to come on to this forum to bash me for giving my opinion, and i don't believe i ask for your respect. I've EARNED my respect on this forum by being apart of it, helping other members out, doing what i could to make this forum the best i can possibly make it. I don't even own a mx-3 right now, but i'm still here helping people out, looking for answers helping people find parts etc... So in short, Please leave our forum, you coming on here just to be negative has nothing no effect that can better this forum, as where you'll be gone in a few days/weeks/months, I'll be here till the end, I love mazda, I love mx-3s, and I love this forum.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
deanna_s4
BANNED Member

Post by deanna_s4 »

Mnemonic wrote:1st question was Are you sponsored, you answered the question so therefore the 2nd part to that response is null and void because the stickers have meaning.

And to thinking your car is rice, well it is my opinion, you can take it how you like, i gave you props on your mx-3, but i don't like what you've done with the mustang plain and simple, the wheels where they might be nice they don't set the car off, sorry they don't. You have 3 colors all competing Silver Black Pink, well heres the problem you have 3 colors competing with each others, i understand using a bright color as a form to enhance the way a car looks, but you've got pink pin striping all over the damn place in fact its to much! Also your stickers are not even relevant in shape or size, where's the balance at? one side of the car is heavier with bigger stickers than the other, maybe you should of scaled them down so they would of been a bit more balanced? its not like other people who are sponsored haven't done it and it turns out looking nice. then again these are my opinions. But deanna your right i screwed up I gave a comment and not constructive criticism.

Also Deanna i mean come on you ran onto our forum just to post this s---? You b---- me out for bashing someone but you come on here and bash me? Your funny lol

Take the mazda logo off my car, well it was already in the works to be debadged theres a difference though between a badge and a sticker. I'm still a mazda enthusiast and will tell anyone who asks what kind of car it is, if they ask i will tell them what is on it. But will I put a sticker on my car that someone has not paid me or helped me in some way NO I had moca stickers on my car in 2 places, Moca the car club I'm apart of sponsors all its members in that we help each other, and for that I'll put there sticker on my car.

Stating facts WHEN DID I STATE ANY FACTS? Maybe you have me confused with someone else, i understand if you do, your not a member of this board, so you might be confused with who your quoting cause i never stated any facts, i stated an opinion. I mean I'm flattered that you take my opinion as a fact, really i am Thank you, your just as gullible as most of the other people out there.

Ok your right Rice did start with Japanese cars so i will change what i called it, Its no longer rice, cause i don't want to disrespect Japaneses peeps, instead I'm calling it Uncle Ben's, cause seriously it look like you put it together in a minute. I mean it took 4 years on the mx-3, and you said its a lot easier to work on the mustang:

that being said, i've stated my peace, you have no rights to come on to this forum to bash me for giving my opinion, and i don't believe i ask for your respect. I've EARNED my respect on this forum by being apart of it, helping other members out, doing what i could to make this forum the best i can possibly make it. I don't even own a mx-3 right now, but i'm still here helping people out, looking for answers helping people find parts etc... So in short, Please leave our forum, you coming on here just to be negative has nothing no effect that can better this forum, as where you'll be gone in a few days/weeks/months, I'll be here till the end, I love mazda, I love mx-3s, and I love this forum.
hahahahahahahaha.

Clearly I don't care if you stay on this forum "until the end" and that you love mazdas. That's great for you and I'm really happy for you.
All of that is irrelevant to me, what is relevant to me is the fact that I think what you said was ignorant and pretentious.

You said you don't own a mx-3 right now, well neither does she. She's on here doing the same thing you are. She lost a car she put a lot of effort, time and money into and is just sharing her new project with her old mx-3 crowd. I don't own a mazda, I own an S4...you know, judging by my user name and all.
I'm her friend and happen to be in the same car club as her. Belonging to a car club that meets up at coffee shops and being part of the tuner world and competing in shows/races are 2 VERY different things.

As she said, you may not like how her car looks, but apparently at Importfest which is a world surrounded by the top car enthusiasts and tuners from all over north america...well, they thought differently. Considering she won 3rd place in the Ford division...not Mustang, FORD which, as you know, would make the competition pretty tight.

And removing the badging on your car...well I hate to break it to you, but it is the same thing as having your sponsors on your car. And who in their right mind would put a bunch of company stickers on their car who have not sponsored them?? Like really! That's about as dumb as thinking you are going to put a LLTek sticker on your Mazda.
And you just said you put your car club sticker on your club because they help you out...ummmm, doesn't putting your sponsors on your car mean the same thing? Nevermind sponsorship, but as I had said in a previous example about my H&R sticker, didn't by that company providing me springs, help me and my car out???

I just felt very strongly about your comment because it wasn't constructive criticism, and that's about the only thing I agree with you on. I think you not being part of the tuner world and CAR (not mazda) enthusiast scene, makes your opinion irrelevant because you have no basis for your opinion and not knowing this side of the "car world", would clearly make it hard for you to understand.

If what she was doing was so crap, then Sweetie Girl Racing wouldn't be the respected establishment it is in the Canadian and North American car scene, and she had a big part in that.
As for saying something about her stickers not being the same size or some garbage...they are all pretty much the same size, but you have to understand something about sponsors. You can't just make up your own little Arial 12 font for all of them and slap them on your car. You have to use what they have constructed as an acceptable logo. So they are all measured equally on her car but they will never be the EXACT size unless all the sponsors get together and agree on the exact same design. So again, you have criticized something you have no understanding in.

p.s. if you're going to respond again in some way that proves that once again you are ignorant to anything outside of mazda, please don't bother. It's really sad that you don't give the same respect for the rest of the car world and respect tuners as a whole.
deanna_s4
BANNED Member

Post by deanna_s4 »

Custommx3 wrote:
deanna_s4 wrote:The one thing I CAN NOT respect in people, are those who come on to these things and rag on other people's decisions and choices. Having an opinion is one thing, but speaking in a way that you are the all knowing one and stating things as fact when you have no idea what the siuation is (being that she is the director of a car establishment), is pretty pretentious of you.
Um... isn't that you have done? Ragged on Jnumonik for his opinion?
He posted his opinion, and you bash him for it? Would you not think that if someone posts pictures that they may be looking for responses? If not, why would someone even post? This may be your friends car, but this is an MX-3 site, not an Audi site. Do you own an MX-3? If you came on this forum to bash other's opinions, you will be removed.

Theres a HUGE difference between putting decals on your car, and driving around with the brand name of the car thats installed from the factory.

BTW, this "Domestic" car manufacturer.. owns the company that produced the MX-3.

I'm usually not one to bash, but you joined this forum to bash someone for their opinion, yet you are doing the same.

IMO, if you do not want negative feedback, do not post it. Most people have some sort of board at car shows listing mods, instead of putting them on thier car. I dont know carshows where you live, but thats not the "in thing" at any car show around here. Honestly, the local racers forum takes pictures, posts them, and makes fun of cars with decals all over them. I am not calling anyone rice btw.
Yeah we have boards listing our mods too, and I'm not sure how the car shows are from where you're from, but that's how things are done in some of the biggest car shows in North America, and again Importfest sure seemed to think she did okay.

Have you heard of Pfaff motors? They put vinyls on their sponsored cars, and so does GM Tuners which applies to ALL of North America. I'm sure you have heard of GM, so if GM thinks it's okay to put sponsors decals on their cars (and it's not all GM, let's get that straight), then why can't she?

I don't care about "negative feedback"...You all think it's okay to have opinions and I think it's okay for me to be opinionated as well. If you feel threatened or hurt by what I have to say, then I'm sorry you feel that way. But just because I am on her side, doesn't mean that my opinion doesn't count either.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”