new rim but how do i put them on

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Slickjr09

new rim but how do i put them on

Post by Slickjr09 »

Well i have new 17in rims and they go on fine but the rim holes are not big enough for the lug nut to fit in is there extensions or something thanks oh and its a 92 gs
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Just drill out the holes to make them bigger.

Kidding don't. You need after market lug nuts.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

and where do i get them is there a special name or any thing? thanks
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Slickjr09 wrote:and where do i get them is there a special name or any thing? thanks
Autoparts stores that are native to wherever you're from. :idea:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Tuner lugs

12x1.5mm

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yah those are it
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

yupp i got it, i was just scared because the holes where so tiny thanks
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

When you use tuner lugs like that make sure you clean your lugs and maybe put some anti-size on them. The end of those lugs is open so water can get in there and cause rusting and can make it hard to get off. I also recomend torqing them and checking the specs on it once in awhile. Its a known problem on Tuner lugs to come loose. espeially with cheap ones.
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

also make sure you have centric rings for your rims cuz if you go over a big pot hole you might uncenter your rims ,this meaning your rims will not rotate on your hubs in a circular motion but in an elliptical motion which is not safe..
as far as drilling out the holes do this at your own discretion because these rims were obviously not designed for your ride.. drive safe!
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

also make sure you have centric rings for your rims cuz if you go over a big pot hole you might uncenter your rims ,this meaning your rims will not rotate on your hubs in a circular motion but in an elliptical motion which is not safe..
as far as drilling out the holes do this at your own discretion because these rims were obviously not designed for your ride.. drive safe!
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

mx3autozam wrote:When you use tuner lugs like that make sure you clean your lugs and maybe put some anti-size on them. The end of those lugs is open so water can get in there and cause rusting and can make it hard to get off. I also recomend torqing them and checking the specs on it once in awhile. Its a known problem on Tuner lugs to come loose. espeially with cheap ones.
I would recommend spline drive nuts. None of the problems listed above plus the key doesn't round off in the hole making it diffcult to remove with out special tools. The external splines give more contact area making it less likely to strip the key or nut. Also applying anti-seize compound/ grease or oil to the lugs changes the torque value being applied. There is actually a formula to calculate the the reduction in torque with a given lubricant to be applied to the fastener to correct to the "dry" torque spec.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”