adding a O2 sensor

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

adding a O2 sensor

Post by Joey's mx »

Ok so i have to customize a ford focus header to use on my engine(jdm protege motor) and it has 2 O2 sensor bungs... i noticed even on my genie header that the bung is only on 2 of the cylinders so how good of a reading would that be?? Anyways i was wondering what would happen if i wire up another O2 sensor to the origanal plug( actually having 2 sensors)??

Would it give a better reading or make it go all out of wack??
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Your ecu would always use the highest voltage of the 2 sensors which would make you run either more rich or more lean then you currently are. Reason is because your ecu is only designed for 1 o2 sensor input (up front). If i where you I would check to see looking at the spark plugs which cylinders seem to be in the best condition and use the o2 that reads those 2 cylinders.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

well if running 2 isnt going to help i would cap the 2 bungs off and put a new one at the colector so it is reading all cylinders!!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

why not just use the proper header and have the car run properly?
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

because the engine i have they dont make headers for!! And running a o2 at the collector will only help make the car run better!
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

or if your tuning you could just buy a wideband and stick it in there and not run it off the ecu.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”