Problem with ABS??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Problem with ABS??

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm my ABS unit was making a "fuel pump" noise..

i had to completely disconnect it.. it was doing it when the car was completely off... and was making my idle jump up and down i dont know how... wtf...

its not surging anymore and abs is now disconnected.. anyone experience this? does anyomne actually use abs? :/ what a pain.. rudy's mx3 doesnt have abs. Why do some gs have and some dont have it..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

I'm guessing you're a young guy because ABS used to be an option on a lot of cars starting in the '80s. It usually would cost $500-$1500. If it isn't lighting up a CEL or causing vibrations or grinding feelings/sounds I wouldn't worry about it.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well.. i dont mind abs.. but two sensors went out and the abs cel came on.. Im not about to pay 80 dllrs a pop for the sensors.. also the abs unit "while the car off" makes a noise and wont shut up unless the battery is disconnected.. it was causing some sort of pressure buildup.. i had to completely disconnect it..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”