Our drag strip

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hgallegos915

Our drag strip

Post by hgallegos915 »

has closed down.. so no we are going to have tons of kids street racing.. this sucks.. :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Welcome to my world. NYC hasnt had a track anywhere nearby for about 20 years. Long Island doesnt have one either so all you got is street racing in all 5 boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

What sucks is, with more street racing.. the laws will stiffen more :(

where am i supposed to run my "off road only equipment" mx3 :/ bleh! :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

That's lame. If they don't want street racing, they should provide proper facilities. Are there really no tracks anywhere near? Is Thunder Alley Dragway the one that closed down?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Illa Killa wrote:Welcome to my world. NYC hasnt had a track anywhere nearby for about 20 years. Long Island doesnt have one either so all you got is street racing in all 5 boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
What about Long Island Motorosports Park? Did it get closed too?

Here's a map of all track in US, might be helpful.

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/states/
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

My GF's cousin is a Memphis police officer... they just had a huge crackdown in memphis... like 10 + cars got impounded for street racing and they passed out a couple hundred specatator/obstructing traffic tickets at our local street racing scene... :shock:

I'm glad I don't do that stuff anymore... :oops:
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Whisper wrote:
Illa Killa wrote:Welcome to my world. NYC hasnt had a track anywhere nearby for about 20 years. Long Island doesnt have one either so all you got is street racing in all 5 boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
What about Long Island Motorosports Park? Did it get closed too?

Here's a map of all track in US, might be helpful.

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/states/
I'm pretty sure that spots been closed for awhile. They were trying to build a new track out in Suffolk but it got shot down when the county had a vote. Instead they voted yes on an indoor skiing/snowboarding park.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

both thunder alley and desert demonz closed down.
-hec

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Aw.

FAIL.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

you guys shouldn't be like that ...

Imagine living in this country:
It has the Estoril racing track, that hosted the F1 races for years...
It has the Vasco da Gama bridge, a 10 mile straight highway with 3 lanes ... with almost 0 cars late at night
It has the most lazy police , with the most slow cars in Europe

It does NOT have any Drag Strip, it never had one, and it will never have one unless i hit the jackpot ...

This is my country , Portugal
:cry:
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Should see how strict cops are here in Ontario. If your speeding 50km/h over the limit they qualify it as racing and they Impound your car, Suspend your license for one year and fine of $10,000. They are trying to get another one in where they can tow your car if you have any aftermarket parts that are used for racing, and they can tow it right from your driveway. and we even have like 6 tracks here in Ontario. It is freakin pathetic
mx3zoom

texas

Post by mx3zoom »

I live in texas, houston area, their are plenty of tracks around here but still street racing seems to be a huge thing, but it's usually not hondas n mazdas, or really even cars for that matter... it's always them stupid turbo diesels who are not very playful
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

mx3autozam wrote:Should see how strict cops are here in Ontario. If your speeding 50km/h over the limit they qualify it as racing and they Impound your car, Suspend your license for one year and fine of $10,000. They are trying to get another one in where they can tow your car if you have any aftermarket parts that are used for racing, and they can tow it right from your driveway. and we even have like 6 tracks here in Ontario. It is freakin pathetic
x2 bulls--- anyone wana buy a turbo v6 mx-3 :P
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

OutlaW wrote:you guys shouldn't be like that ...

Imagine living in this country:
It has the Estoril racing track, that hosted the F1 races for years...
It has the Vasco da Gama bridge, a 10 mile straight highway with 3 lanes ... with almost 0 cars late at night
It has the most lazy police , with the most slow cars in Europe

It does NOT have any Drag Strip, it never had one, and it will never have one unless i hit the jackpot ...

This is my country , Portugal
:cry:
Drag racing seems to be more of an American thing, I imagine many other countries don't invest into drag strips because there's no interest.

But why would you want a drag strip when you have a proper racetrack?
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

because the open trackday is only once every 2 months , and it is really expensive.

A DragStrip in here with medium prices, would be the best business this country ever saw ...
I have a project, but there is no money right now :(

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”